Jesus of African Heritage. :)

by Record 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Record

Ex- Witnesses!!!! Is there such a thing?

Doh!

I figure if the Gospel has touched your lives it will always be there whether you choose to be a par of an organization or not. :)

I agree... but not in the way you would want me too. I think Jesus said some wise things, but that's about as far as I'd go. I think statements like 'if the Gospel has touched your lives it will always' are made from a viewpoint similar to my parents who think I don't attend meetings any more because I am embaressed about getting divorced (no matter how I disabuse their opinion).

You of course believe it's the 'truth', and as this is probably a subjective experience, there's no way I could convince you otherwise. If you're insisting your objectively 'right', and that your interpretations are somehow more valid than others... well, we could have a discussion about it but again I doubt you'd change your views.

Glad all found the article interesting.

Actually I found it poorly written, a little monomanical, and very willing to streach things to make a point;

... the term African is the object of ridicule and humiliation.

Yes, by racist morons, just like the term Jews is the object of ridicule and humiliation by anti-semite morons. And the point is?

... many of the later Roman emperors would have trouble getting citizenship in some of today?s European states.

What... like Germany and Austria? They have nasty racist citizenship laws, but the majority of Europe hasn't.

Indeed Jesus died for everyone, and I feel it's honorable if we raise issues of the way he was crucified (cross or stake?

So, dying babies in Africa give a stuff about whether Jesus was on a stake or a cross? So the importantce of his words hang upon whether it was a cross or stake? I think not. A single detail like that is almost irrelevent in the larger scheme of things (let alone determinable as a fact) and I'm very wary of anything that looks like the calculation of dancing angel density per pin head. If CHrist's words can't affect the quality of peoples' lives, they ain't worth jack, and the question of cross vs. stake definately doesn't affect the quality of peoples' lives so isn't worth jack.

Main thing was he was stabbed in the side and starving and he chose to leave planet earth) to raise issue of his accurate depiction and do it justice.

Starving? I suppose he'd have been a bit peckish as I doubt feeding him in his final hours was something his captors were that bothered about doing. But starving implies lack of food over a longer period. As for stabbed in the side, yeah, could have happened. May also have been added to make it fit prophecy.

Better yet, it would've been best to spread the teachings and not the image in the literature distributed on the behalf of Gospel awareness.

Which is why you concentrated soley on the image?

I don't quite get what you're driving at but all the best anyway...

• Record
    Record

"I agree... but not in the way you would want me too. I think Jesus said some wise things, but that's about as far as I'd go. I think statements like 'if the Gospel has touched your lives it will always' are made from a viewpoint similar to my parents who think I don't attend meetings any more because I am embaressed about getting divorced (no matter how I disabuse their opinion). You of course believe it's the 'truth', and as this is probably a subjective experience, there's no way I could convince you otherwise. If you're insisting your objectively 'right', and that your interpretations are somehow more valid than others... well, we could have a discussion about it but again I doubt you'd change your views." Interesting, I really haven't stated my belief system. Yet you have imposed one on me? How do you know how I want you to think? My intent is for open discussion and the pursuit of knowledge, if that can be interpreted as 'wanting you to think my way" so be it. I mean no hostility with posting this article, much has been written, I merely posted a fraction of the information available. Seek and you will find. The way I see it, for one to address themselves as an ex-witness, is like testifying for the prosecution or defense in court and when the trial is done you lable yourself as "an ex-witness." You served as witness, how can you seperate yourself from your actions? Witness is a verb not a noun. It's the act of witness. That's the way i see it. It's like an "ex-punch" and ex-kick" do thoe make sense? That's the way i see it. :) Note, I didn't write this article, click on the links and you'll find who did, my friend. ;) "Better yet, it would've been best to spread the teachings and not the image in the literature distributed on the behalf of Gospel awareness. Which is why you concentrated soley on the image? I don't quite get what you're driving at but all the best anyway... " My friend, there is much more, and it has been written, much of my questions concerns and views are in this entire forum, please enjoy the research available to you. My contribution is a drop in the bucket, part of a greater whole, not my personal and only sole topic of research. Thanks for taking the time to peruse the contents, my friend. :) You read, therefore you are interested in the subject at hand, I look forward to you sharing with the rest of the community your findings in Bible studies. The more the merrier. :) Peace and Love. and check out www.infowars.com Really informative stuff there, my friend. :)

• Record
    Record

"I agree... but not in the way you would want me too. I think Jesus said some wise things, but that's about as far as I'd go. I think statements like 'if the Gospel has touched your lives it will always' are made from a viewpoint similar to my parents who think I don't attend meetings any more because I am embaressed about getting divorced (no matter how I disabuse their opinion). You of course believe it's the 'truth', and as this is probably a subjective experience, there's no way I could convince you otherwise. If you're insisting your objectively 'right', and that your interpretations are somehow more valid than others... well, we could have a discussion about it but again I doubt you'd change your views." Interesting, I really haven't stated my belief system. Yet you have imposed one on me? How do you know how I want you to think? My intent is for open discussion and the pursuit of knowledge, if that can be interpreted as 'wanting you to think my way" so be it. I mean no hostility with posting this article, much has been written, I merely posted a fraction of the information available. Seek and you will find. The way I see it, for one to address themselves as an ex-witness, is like testifying for the prosecution or defense in court and when the trial is done you lable yourself as "an ex-witness." You served as witness, how can you seperate yourself from your actions? Witness is a verb not a noun. It's the act of witness. That's the way i see it. It's like an "ex-punch" and ex-kick" do thoe make sense? That's the way i see it. :) Note, I didn't write this article, click on the links and you'll find who did, my friend. ;) "Better yet, it would've been best to spread the teachings and not the image in the literature distributed on the behalf of Gospel awareness. Which is why you concentrated soley on the image? I don't quite get what you're driving at but all the best anyway... " My friend, there is much more, and it has been written, much of my questions concerns and views are in this entire forum, please enjoy the research available to you. My contribution is a drop in the bucket, part of a greater whole, not my personal and only sole topic of research. Thanks for taking the time to peruse the contents, my friend. :) You read, therefore you are interested in the subject at hand, I look forward to you sharing with the rest of the community your findings in Bible studies. The more the merrier. :) Peace and Love. and check out www.infowars.com Really informative stuff there, my friend. :)

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Record:

Interesting, I really haven't stated my belief system. Yet you have imposed one on me? How do you know how I want you to think?

Funny; you make statements which allow certain assumptions to be made; if I'm wrong, tell me. Note the use of 'similar', 'probably' and 'if'. I'm curious about your viewpoint and trying to figure it out, I'm not saying I know what you think.

My intent is for open discussion and the pursuit of knowledge, if that can be interpreted as 'wanting you to think my way" so be it.

Well, I'll carry on reading your response and see if "open discussion and the pursuit of knowledge" includes answering questions...

I mean no hostility with posting this article, much has been written, I merely posted a fraction of the information available.

Seek and you will find.

See what I mean about drawing assumptions from what people say? I'm assuming you are a Christian. Me bad!

The way I see it, for one to address themselves as an ex-witness, is like testifying for the prosecution or defense in court and when the trial is done you lable yourself as "an ex-witness." You served as witness, how can you seperate yourself from your actions? Witness is a verb not a noun. It's the act of witness. That's the way i see it. It's like an "ex-punch" and ex-kick" do thoe make sense? That's the way i see it. :)

"I used to be a Witness" is what people normally understand by the expression 'ex-JW' et.al.. It doesn't imply that one didn't do what one did as a Witness, which is what your interpretation seems to hint at.

Note, I didn't write this article, click on the links and you'll find who did, my friend. ;) My friend, there is much more, and it has been written, much of my questions concerns and views are in this entire forum, please enjoy the research available to you. My contribution is a drop in the bucket, part of a greater whole, not my personal and only sole topic of research. Thanks for taking the time to peruse the contents, my friend. :) You read, therefore you are interested in the subject at hand, I look forward to you sharing with the rest of the community your findings in Bible studies. The more the merrier. :)

So, you don't want to know if you've posted material containing errors or distortions? Fine, duly noted. You post it, you take responsibility for it.

Peace and Love. and check out www.infowars.com Really informative stuff there, my friend. :)
    I unsubscribed from inforwars as I found their newsfeed very partisan and unselective as regards verifiability. Just because it's online and says its truthful or an expose of a conspiracy doesn't mean it is; be advised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit