Here's a "SHARKING" experience...

by Special K 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

In todays, paper...

Australian finds shark very hard to shake
    SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - Lifeguards at a beach north of Sydney were stunned when a man walked into their post looking for help with a small shark attached to his leg.

Luke Tresoglavic swam 300 metres to shore, walked to his car and drove to the local surf club with the half-metre-long shark biting his leg.

---

The article went on to say this guy was snorkeling when this carpet shark, attacked his leg.

The 22 year old basically asked the lifeguards.. "Can you help me get this off?"

The lifeguards flushed the shark's gills with fresh water, forcing it to loosen its grip on the mans leg.. with blood oozing from 70 needle-like punctures.

--------

This sound unreal.. but it's a true story.. I would have personally "freaked out"..

sincerely

Special K

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

What's amazing is how he stayed so calm.

Devon

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi SK,

Yes, this story made the news in the UK. When I saw the (sensationalist) headlines I assumed the guy hopped along with a Great White round his shin - whereas, in reality, it was a fishy pussy cat by comparison. Still, not the type of thing ya want on yer leg when you're trying to put yer best trousers on to go out!

Ian

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Ya, i'd freak out myself:

• nilfun
    nilfun

Awww... now that's a Kodak moment.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

That looks like the same shark that got a hold of Richard Hatch on Survivor last night

• Special K
    Special K

Yeah.. CJ..

Someone told me about Survivor last night.

Winston.

Is that what the shark actually looked like..

sincerely

Special K

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Special K,

Yup, got it from Yahoo News:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/australia_shark_attack

*EDIT*

I don't know why I can't link to Yahoo News stories alt

Yahoo News also has this photo, alot cuter than the shark:

• Special K
    Special K

Nice kitty..

We are thinking of getting a kitten.. but not sure if our pooch would get along with it.

special K

• Been there
    Been there

Richards was bigger!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit