,,,they came to my door again

by Eyebrow2 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

about two weeks after the first set of brothers came, a new set from the local hall came by again this past Saturday morning.

(the first visit...if you are interested. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/65579/1.ashx ...no biggie)

My son said it was a different set, two youngish brothers...he said they could be between "my uncles age and your age mom" as my son put it...so they are pretty young between 25 and 35. He told them I was asleep...which I was (I admit it, I do sleep in on Saturdays!!!).

I did not find out until a few days later that they had come by. We were in the car coming back from somewhere (I cannot remember where) and my son turned to me, and said, "Mom, I have to tell you something, but it is going to make you mad, but I have to tell you..."

Basically, he did not want to tell me because I was so upset last time, and he was scared by how angry I got about it, and didnt want to upset me. I was really taken aback. I had no idea I came off that mad about the whole thing....I felt really bad for my son. I am glad he told me that they came by, and that I mad him afraid...I had no idea...I learned something about myself, thats for sure!

It made me realize that I obviously have to work on my temper...this is the only incident that has made he feel that way, he says. But I didn't think I was that mad at all...

The second thing is how foolish and silly I have been to let the fact that they stop by get me all worked up. I was only really mad the first time because I felt betrayed by my mom. I told my son that had I been up, I would have gone to the door and said, nice to meet ya, I know where you are, don't let the door hit your ass on the wait out. That I was not mad at them....I was upset at my mother, and that I was over it.

The third thing I learned is maybe I shouldnt sleep so late on Saturdays. I don't want my 13 year old son cringe if someone is at the door.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Good insights - thanks for sharing!

• bucknut
    bucknut

Please do not take this as me being offensive, but why not just tell them you no longer want to be a witness and if you ever have a change of heart you know where to find them.

I have no idea what your circumastances are. but if you have made a decision not to be associated with the truth and are happy with it, tell them and get it over with. It is silly to have to live your life in hiding and being upset when someone knocks on your door don't ya think.

I read your first post about your mom, that was way not cool, but if you would have stepped up to the plate and told them from the get-go that situation may have never happend.

Again Please do not think I am being an ass, I was just curious.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Note to self: take eyebrow2 to anyone who needs a good chewing out. It's funny what will set us off, isn't it? I have that same type of rage in me, and I would be absolutely furious if my mother had done that to me. I think it's your bad luck that you live so close to the Hall, because obviously calling on you is a great way to start one's time on a Saturday morning. You might want to consider putting out a sign on the door Friday night: "NIGHT WORKER -- DO NOT KNOCK OR RING BELL." That might keep them away.

Bucknut, I know where you're coming from, but a lot of people on this board, eyebrow2 included, have relatives who are JWs and they are trying really hard to avoid being disfellowshipped or disassociated because that would mean their JW relatives would completely cut them off. I did a "quiet fade" and I don't have any immediate relatives who are Witnesses anymore, so it was relatively (no pun intended) easy for me to leave. And since I'm not DF'd or DA'd, my few remaining Witness friends still hang with me without feeling too uncomfortable. Everybody's situation is different.

Hang in there, eyebrow2!

Nina

• ryan2003
    ryan2003

You are disassociated Nina, you da'd yourself, think about it. Is this an apostate site? I think I may need to leave.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    You are disassociated Nina, you da'd yourself, think about it

No, I don't think so. Actually ryan2003, as far as we know, she is still getting in 4 hours of "field service" a month. Summer 2002, the last time the Witnesses spoke with Nina, the secretary asked for her time. She had not been out in service for several months and had no intention of going out again. And yet he pressed her about reading the Bible with her children. When Nina said she did, he cheerfully told her that was "worth 4 hours a month". As far as we know, she's still getting credit for it.

As far as disassociating, that's complete nonsense. And any elder that wants to come over to our house and make a statement like that will not only get an earful from Nina, and me, but will probably be paid a visit by a certain lawyer acquaitance of mine.

If Nina, or I, feel the need to disassociate ourselves, we will write a letter. Otherwise, we'll take your statement under advisement.

• bucknut
    bucknut

but will probably be paid a visit by a certain lawyer acquaitance of mine.

Hhahahah...... Dude relax

• Special K
    Special K

Gee's they came to the same feakin' door..

I got it !!!.......... Call carpenters in and move that "freakin door somewhere else"..

or.. "put in a revolving door"... as they come in they are automatically "out"....

seriously though..

I too would be concerned that they might start to engage in conversation with your son.

I have a son 14 and I wouldn't want the J.W.'s sticking their little foot into his mind.. being all nicey and things like that.

They started to come to our door again a couple years back.. My husband put an abrupt end to that. Not only because it upset us too much.. We still felt we needed to protect our children from their mind set.

sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit