Santeria

by got my forty homey? 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Do any of you have any knowledge of this afro-cuban hispanic cult/religon?

Being Latino myself I have a many friends and people who practice it's rights and rituals. Many have claimed it really works and many think its just a bunch of old wives tales.

I've done a lot of reading and research and have attended a few of its bimbai's (parties) and have had readings done by it practioners.

What a switch, from Bethel to santeria.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, there are quite a few of them practicing in the Miami area (Cubans).

I don't really know much about them but they go through a long ritual process that lasts for months in which time they dress in white.

I also know that animal sacrifices are an integral part of their beliefs (chickens and goats at least ).

***** Rub a Dub

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hey GMFH,

Having grown up in NYC I have heard of Santeria, but I have not "studied" it or participated in any of its rituals. I have studied voodoo a bit, though.

Here's my opinion: to whatever extent Santeria depends upon the intervention of invisible spirit creatures, it is bogus and a fraud. The existence of an invisible spirit realm is a lie perpetrated by parasitic mystics and metaphysians so as to control people.

To the extent that the rituals involve the use of various intoxicants and poisons, yes, the effect can be pretty real - just the sort of effect you might expect from people playing with dangerous substances.

There really is very little difference between Bethel and Santeria. Both involve the shutdown of your rational mind and the willing acceptance of bullshit dogma. It's like saying you don't believe in Santa Claus because the Easter Bunny told you so. If you really want to experience a change, try training your mind to think rationally. That's not intended as a slam, simply an observation.

• gespro
    gespro

I was just reading when I was in Miami about how some of the local practitioners who won the right to perform animal sacrifice being it was their Constitutional right.

Where I used to live in South Atlanta, my new neighbors had snuck a goat to the back of their house. Not too long after, there were entrails for everyone. I wonder if they were practicing Santeria...hmmmm?

g

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

What I was leading up to in my question was the power of the mind or faith. I never stated I was a practioner but was wondering of stories I've heard from those that do, and in thier practicing of spells and incantations they would swear up and down that these things happen and are real.

But, if in the deepest part of your heart you really wanted or beleived something can happen, could it?

• Valis
    Valis

I don't practice Santeria, aint got no crystal ball...Had a million dollars...but I spent it all...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Not much, though I know someone studying Palo Monte.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit