The "Sunutko Variations" or Fun With Soundsamples...

by berten 9 Replies latest social humour

• berten
    berten

On following page: http://www.freeminds.org/wav/wav.htm

I did find fragments of a talk given by a certain Charles Sunutko,who in 1967 predicted

Armageddon in 1975.With the help of several sound editing applications I worked some of these

fragments into three musical compositions called the "Sunutko Variations" which can be found here:

http://users.pandora.be/rmylle/mysounds.html

Awaiting your comments and critiques :-)

• joelbear
    joelbear

I downloaded them. I think they are great. That series of talks by Sinutko at District conventions laid the groundwork for millions of life decisions that affected all generations, but had particular impact to my generation as we were just reaching adulthood in 1975. I remember those talks well.

I have spent the last 15 years eradicating the affects of the 1975 prophecy from my life. In May when I get my college diploma, the last of those affects will disappear.

• gumby
    gumby
    That series of talks by Sinutko at District conventions laid the groundwork for millions of life decisions that affected all generations

I don't know if he laid any groundwork. He was a puppet who based his understanding off of "Freddies" writings......particularly "Life Everlasting In the Freedom of the Sons of God" book which in no uncertain terms, based the time of the end begining in 1975. Before that confermation was laid in print..........ones didn't discuss that date with any significance.

Nice to hear from you Joelbear

Gumby

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Good job Berton. suchanutco Sunutko reminds me of the speaker from Manitoba, who gave the talk this past summer in Winnipeg ... "Beware the Voice of Strangers"

• joenobody
    joenobody

I love version 2 - cool stuff.

It gives me the chills to remember back as a child having to listen to this rhetoric. Very subtle way those talks were written, making people feel quite privileged.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Berten,

My favorite is the third one - 1975c - it has an almost "X-Files" theme quality to it - very good!

I also enjoyed 1975b, but I felt the spoken parts should have been a bit louder relative to the music, but that's only my opinion.

I'd like to encourage you to do more - for example, music similar to 1975c but starting out "if we read the watchtower" then "1975" then "eyes rot out of their sockets..." then "if we read the watchtower" again, then "meat in due season" "stay alive til 75" "eyes rot..." and ending with "the watchtower has been very explicit abouot what 1975 means to us."

I wish I could watch you put these together. I have no musical talent, but I've got a copy of CoolEdit (now an Adobe product) that I've used to do very elementary clean-up and editing with.

Keep 'em coming! I admire your talent!

• Matty
    Matty

LOL! Briliant stuff Berten, I love it!

It reminds me a bit of that old acid-house track "Sex on the Streets" where there's a recording at the beginning of some preacher or right-wing politician saying "1974 is the year that they are now planning for sex on the streets in every major city from coast to coast - and get ready for a shock! The music that they're planning to use to crumble the morals of America is this dirty rotten lewd lacivious JUNK called rock and roll!"

• berten
    berten

Thanks everyone for the replies and comments :-)

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

This is really good

• nilfun
    nilfun

Wow...good stuff. Well put together, chilling sound bites in those...the cultic aspect of JWs is really brought to the fore-front...excellent work, Berten!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit