Why Do Jewish Leaders Want to Censor Mel Gibson?

by RubyTuesday 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Jewish leaders want a monopoly over the spiritual life of the Jewish people, and do not want them to learn about the liberating faith of Christianity because Jewish leaders would lose their power.

http://www.supportmelgibson.com

• Valis
    Valis

uh no...they don't like the Bible's tale of Jebus' death. Mel Gibson just took the story and put it on screen. They also don't like being seen as a fallible/or possibly wrong religion as evinced by their own politics and actions towards the Palestinians IMO.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

So much for conspiracy theories that the American media is controlled by Jews.

The movie will air the Jews' dirty laundry according to the bible. That is why they are pitching a fuss... ironically this is only stirring even more curiosity in the movie. I plan on watching it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The review i read on the movie showed it to be powerfully moving, from beginning to end. I more or less agree w you, ruby, that jewish leaders are afraid that it will cause christianity to surge. That, not antisemitism, is their worry.

SS

• Simon
    Simon

If anyone should want to censor Mel it should be the English ... he always twists history to put us in a bad light:

The Patriot

Braveheart

Gallipoli (?)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If anyone should want to censor Mel it should be the English ... he always twists history to put us in a bad light:

The Patriot

Braveheart

Gallipoli (?)

I saw Braveheart, it does paint Brits as heartless bullies. Simon, do you think that the Brits are unfairly knocked in movies? I have wondered about how accurate those films are. Like they say: in American history, George Washington is a hero. In English history he is no hero. Is it all in who is writing history? I want to think England is a kinder, gentler country.

I do want very much to see Mel's Jesus movie because of the historical aspect of the film.I always have had respect for Jesus. It doesn't matter to me who is starring in it. I am interested in the subject matter.

Maybe Jewish leaders fear new persecution as a result of this film?

Heather

• scotsman
    scotsman

Maybe, as the victims of millenia of persecution their fear is understandable. And if Gibson's film is a message of true Christianity then you should welcome the opposition as it would be fulfilment of Christian prophecy.

Braveheart did indeed incite hatred of the English. At cinemas here and in Ireland the audiences cheered at anti-English scenes. It was nauseating.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Ruby:

Jewish leaders want a monopoly over the spiritual life of the Jewish people, and do not want them to learn about the liberating faith of Christianity because Jewish leaders would lose their power.

Ruby, if you replace 'Jewish' with 'Christian' and 'Christianity' with 'science', you get my point of view. I say this by illustrating that your view of Jewish leaders wanting to control information (although I find the ignorance of Christianity your statment implies is not supported by facts) is exactly the same as people's view of, say the Borg wanting to control information about past failed prophecy, or the US government wanting to control contraceptive education due to religious lobby groups, or the Roman Catholic church wanting to control information about child abusing priests. As such, it's an intensely subjective view predicated upon an assumption that Jews don't know about Christ, and that assumption is invalid.

In fact, the Jewish leaders are more concerned about anti-semetism being stirred up by the way the film depicts Jewish people treating Christ, than any Jew suddenly going "Oy-zey, why didn't anyone tell me the Messiah came!".

As for the film giving the Bible's account Elsewhere... it stems from Gibson's dad's involvement (and Gibson's backing of) a break-away traditionalist Roman Catholic group. As far as I have read, as well as drawing opon the Gospel accounts it draw upon visions some woman had, and these visions are of greater concern to those fearful of an anti-semetic back-lash as they are notably anti-semetic and are not even Biblical - something which would not be realised by most viewers.

The portrayal of England in the movies is just something that happens... 'Braveheart' was a very fictionalised account of a period when everyone was pretty beastly; the Scottish lords who betrayed William Wallace got land and/or money for it and were supposedly on William's side. The Patriot suffers equally when compared to history, but England had a mad King and the Amercian colonialists had a reasonable grievance; those facts are not really disputable. Galliopli was a disaster but the British have shown themseleves equally good at cock-ups with British casualties; Charge of the Light Brigade, the other battle on the same day as Rourke's Drift, the bombing of the Sir Galahad in the Falkland's Conflict. America can come of equally badly if that's the way you want to present it, but benefits by controlling most of the big-budget movies, thus ridiculous alterations to WWII events to make a film that is about the UK capturing a code machine into one wheer the American's capture a code machine...

But they're fims, that's all... reality is different, it's knowing enough of reality to know when you're being shown stuff that didn't happen...

• scotsman
    scotsman

Just to follow up on Abaddon: Gibson's faith (and that of his father) rejects the Second Vatican Council. I suggest you do some research in to that before you leap to defense of the film. Unless you are strongly Roman Catholic I find it hard to imagine you'd have much in common with unreformed Roman Catholicism.

It is also a little rich for a group of Christians to say:

Leading Jewish organizations, sadly, have a history of attacking Christian beliefs and cultural values.

Hhmmm...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I suggest you do some research in to that before you leap to defense of the film.

I guess we'll have to see the movie and judge for ourselves. I haven't seen it so I can't say as to whether it needs defending or not.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit