A JV update

by JV 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• JV
    JV

Well, today's monday, i've got tons of homework of the secular vareity, that should keep me occupied for awhile. Just wanted to say i've been reading all the other posts on my other thread, just taking it all in right now. Tomorrow's the big CO's visit. We'll see if i get hassled for not turning in my service report. Sometimes i feel that they care more about that stupid sheet of paper than a person. I have a feeling that they'll take me aside before the meeting and say that they want to have a talk with me and mabey the co see what's happening, why i haven't been going out in service, etc... I've made it known that i suffer with depression, yet nothing. Even after there was an awake on mood disorders and depression, nothing. Just wanted to say that i'm getting a secular education and there's nothing that will dissuade me. You can't go through life on a high school education, mabey 25 years ago but not today, Anyways, back to my homework

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thanks for the update, JV, and I admire your endurance and steadfastness.

Hang in there; I know you will.

Looking VERY MUCH forward to hearing about your next encounter with the CO (who is nobody, by the way, just another person with an agenda).

More power to YOU I say.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

The CO won't come any where near you. They don't want any thing to do with that stuff, and the local Elders don't want the CO around because there's a risk you might say something that will put them in an unfavorable light.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah. Basically,Pork Chop's telling you they really don't care all that much about you. So go to school and be well!

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks for updating us. Using the energy you have to further your education (in college) is a "FINE" investment. Keep it up!!!!

I remember how at one point high school seemed to be all there was to life, and when it was finally over it amazed me to realize that relationships and stereotypes of that period ended at graduation. It was a kind of shock.

Likewise, it may seem like there's not much of a life available beyond the WT at this time. But TRUST ME! Their harping on you for time sheets (etc.) will be as relevent as your grade in Home Economics as a high school sophomore. You'll truly shake your head one day... and smile with relief.

Live for that day!

bebu

• JV
    JV

I'm really pumped to go back to school, this is my second kick at the can, so i'm ready to do it right, i'm taking a program i like and the job prospects are good when im done. I'm not a born and raised jw, i've been off and on for 3 years, so i've got one foot in each door, it's a weird feeling.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

just keep studying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Keep studying JV....I can't tell you how I regret not getting a college education. My Dad (who's not a JW) cried when I told him I was getting married (at age 18). He tried to tell me how important college was and even told me he'd buy me a new car if I would only go. So what do I do? Marry someone I hardly knew. It seemed to be the in thing to marry young (before you get into trouble) and have kids. I'll always wonder what life would have been like if only I had gone to college. I wanted to be a teacher (elementary).........

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I agree, I married out of high school, it seems you either become a full time pioneer, missionary, bethelite, or get married. Those seem to be the only suitable options for a good christian witness. I so regret missing out on my opportunity to go to college. After my divorce, I did go back, but I had a 4 year old daughter I was taking care of at the same time, so I ended up having to end college...now it's too hard, too many responsibilities. I wish I had a degree and better options for a job. Keep studying JV! Don't give up....you will not regret it.

• franklin J
    franklin J

keep up the good work JV, thanks for the update.

Your secular education is very important to you, not only for financial reasons, but to complete yourself as a person. Education never ends, it is an ongoing process. Have fun in school and, as hokey as this sounds; make as many friends as you can and have fun.

regards,

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit