dissin' my daughter too?

by happy2b 9 Replies latest jw friends

• happy2b
    happy2b

Hi,

It's been a while since I've posted here. Nice to be back!! I have a question....Have any of you had this problem?........I ds'd myself about 6 years ago. Wow! Time sure flies! My husband was never baptized, so just drifted away. We have 4 children. My oldest was at her job the other day, she's a hostess at a nice restaurant. Anyway, some jw's came in that she recognized, so she said hello. They totally acted like they didn't know her!!!! I am so annoyed by this! She is only 17 and was 11 when we got out. Plus, I didn' t think they were suppose to shun the kids!! What's going on with that?

Now, my husband has seen jw's out and they will speak to him. Some have even ask for his help on their cars. I can't believe it. I am completely shunned, and fine with it.

Any ideas?

happy2b

• Valis
    Valis

happy...in the bible the children of the godless ones were never spared so don't be suprised. We know how dubbies like to treat anyone who doesn't love Jehover...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sassy
    Sassy

I can't believe they treated her badly either. Although I guess maybe I can. Sorry..

Is there any chance that they didn't know who she was? I would guess she has changed a lot in looks since being 11?

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

That is awful! Could it be that they just didn't recognize her? Children grow alot in 6 years. I know I wouldn't recognize half the youngs ones that have grown since I left the JWs.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

When I left my son was about 10. All the other witness school kids stopped talking to him. No one ever tried to "help" him or anything. To this day he is very bitter about that.

Gretchen

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Now, my husband has seen jw's out and they will speak to him. Some have even ask for his help on their cars. I can't believe it. I am completely shunned, and fine with it.

Happy2b, it's quite possible they didn't recognize your daughter, since she was age 11 when yall left....but as for them totally shunning you, yet speaking to your hubby....well....you can't fix cars now, can ya!

Frannie B

• Maverick
    Maverick

I am sure they recognized her. They put on the phony face for non J-duds. But they put on their real face for those that dare turn their backs on the great and powerful OZ! Unless they fear you will confront them, then they are phony again...the cowards!

I was DA'd a year ago. My daughter was never baptized, though she was around the J-dud all her life up until her mother ran off with a worldly work mate. Me, the J-duds talk to. She gets shunned all the time! Her own mother, who got reinstated one year to the day after she was DF'd, does not even talk to her! The girl has come to hate the J-duds because of this BS! When all the crap happened to our family in 1995 my daughter thought the WTS was God's organization. But because of all the phony crap they have pulled...including her own mothers, she saw through them before I did!

They are cowards and worship the lie. Why? Because the gods they worship...The Governing Body ...are cowards and promote the lie. And you become like the god you worship! Maverick

• Carmel
    Carmel

Consider her blessed!

carmel

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

'tis easier to dis a very young woman than an adult man?

• Loris
    Loris

When I was DF'd many moons ago my children were shunned and spoken to rudely at the KH. My oldest son was 13 at the time. He refused to return to the meetings after he was insulted in the restroom at the KH. He is 39 now and that is the one thing he will bring up to anyone when the subject of the dubs comes up. It really affected him in a big way.

Loris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit