Any good movies lately?

by Introspection 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Introspection,

My husband & I just saw "Pearl Harbor." Well worth the time and money. The love story was a bit overdone - but the visual and music were very good. We didn't move for the whole 3 hours - and neither did anyone else in the theater except the fool sitting next to me.

I watched a special on the history channel about Pearl Harbor, with two historians & Pearl Harbor survivors on it. In general, they said it remained pretty straight with history (minus the movie stars & love story.)

One interesting thing the survivors brought out that was not realistic was the lack of gore in the movie. They suspected that the film didn't show much because of wanting to keep the PG13 rating.

They said in real life, when a bomb goes off - arms, legs, etc., are thrown everywhere. They all agreed that real war was much worse than shown in the movie.

waiting

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

Matrix was the best movie I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to the next two Matrix movies which are being made back to back.

BEW

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hey, I love The Matrix too! I didn't realize they were making two more Matrix movies...and back to back too. Wow!

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• crossroads
    crossroads

A.I.---You must go to see this. It's long but your sitting
    there not wanting it to end. Not really a children's movie.
    I did take my ten year old he said he liked it and added
    "I held back the tears dad". I don't know why he does
    that, for his dad always cries. As you sit there embrace the SILENCE of all in the theater and enjoy and fall in love with the best child actor since Jodie Foster.
    There are some great lines and the ending will be liked
    by EX-JW's. Well go see it and let me know what you think.
    Two Thumbs up from----Mark

• Introspection
    Introspection

I did, good stuff.

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease." -Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I saw "Return with Honor," a film produced by Tom Hanks about US airplane pilots in prison in Hanoi, Viet Nam. I would think that any ex-JW would appreciate this film. This is a documentary. It's interesting because they have interviews with the former prisoners today, but show film of them being captured and in prison also back in the 1960s. Hearing their experiences on what it took to survive nearly a decade in prison and the torture and grim circumstances they endured was positively inspiring. This is a real "Shawshank Redemption."
    Highly recommended.

I also recommend a very little seen film, "The Last Temptation of Christ" starring Wilhelm Dafoe as Jesus. This is a what-if movie, not based on the gospels. The story is what if Jesus was born a regular imperfect man, like you and I, and then was chosen to be Messiah. What would it be like? The movie is clever because you can relate to this fictional Jesus that suffers and struggles with the same things we all do, and in the end you are left with a profound film that illustrates the difficult path for those who choose Christianity as their way of life. Martin Scorcese directs. Highly recommended.

"Hope is a good thing... maybe the best of things."
    Andy's letter to Red in the Shawshank Redemption

"If it's worth feeling bad about, it's worthy of amnesia."
    Richard Bandler, radical NLP therapist

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Dude,

Nice to meet you.

About the movies - I watched "The Gift" last night on vcr. Really good - several stories interwoven. Kate Bankshaw(sp?) was great. She was in that movie about Queen Elizabeth also.

The movie is about seeing the future in parts through cards, visions, & dreams. Won't tell anymore.

Btw, violence and child abuse - be careful if you've got problems in this area.

waiting

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Hello Waiting,

I remember the previews to The Gift. It's got Hillary Swank in it, right? I liked her in "Boys Don't Cry." My buddy's mom reads Tarot cards. She's predicted a number of things for him that have come true.

Looking forward to Tim Burton's "Planet of the Apes" this weekend.
    If someone sees it, post a review.

Just curious. What are you *waiting* for, Waiting?

regards,

MegaDude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit