Another hole in the JW's version of inherited sin

by logansrun 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    either God didn't give her gametes till after she sinned or that God "zapped" her gametes and genetically altered them to be imperfect. Such reasoning just illustrates the absolute lunacy of the original doctrine and the great lengths one must go to to make the Eden myth fit the modern world.

Well, how much radiation do you think that spinning sword of lightning thingee put out? You never know -- it could have basically "fried" Adam and Eve on their way out....

• JCanon
    JCanon

Not taking a strong position on this right now, but in defense of JW stated doctrine, they believe that it's the MAN who gives "life" and thus it was Adam's sperm that would have created perfection and life even with Eve's whatever.

Of course, since we're speculating about fantasy here....

1. Adam did have another rib.

2. Eve could have lived on for 900 years and produced as many children as she needed to which would have carried Adam's perfection. That would have been nice since then God would have just killed two people. Satan and Eve.

But here's another question along this line. What about the NEPHILIM? ooooooooooo!!! These are perfect fathers and imperfect mothers. Would they have lived forever or up until 900 years (presuming you need the magic in the tree of life to live beyond 999 years? (one "day")?

Per JW doctrine those children would have been perfect and thus lived up to one day, at least, or perhaps until they were killed. It still amazes me how a materialize angel could impregnate a human,meaning these children would be the children of angels. Apparently they had superior powers, either physically and/or mentally since they became the "men of fame". Famous for what? I do believe the Greek myths are about this too, based upon the stories they heard from Noah. I guess that aspect of godly men appealed to the Greeks more.

Oh, well, so much for myths.....or reality....

JC

• skiz
    skiz

Nephilim ?

2 things strike me

1 ) Didn't their fathers already sin by materializing when they weren't allowed before they got ahold of the human women ? So then weren't their offspring conceived in sin and imperfection ?

2 ) Since the angels don't need a certain tree to eat from every thousand years or less, why should their kids need one ? If there is a invisible spiritual version of the tree of life in heaven, I'm sure the demons aren't allowed anywhere near it and yet they keep on going millenium after millenium, like a seethru version of the Energizer Bunny

David

• skiz
    skiz

I don't think Adam was going to give up another rib after seeing how the first one turned out

David

• yxl1
    yxl1
    Such reasoning just illustrates the absolute lunacy of the original doctrine and the great lengths one must go to to make the Eden myth fit the modern world.

Agreed.

You have an interesting and amusing slant on things Bradley. I dont quite understand the replies though. Is that sarcasm or venum?

• logansrun
    logansrun

czar,

You're a real piece of work. It's obvious that you have some special, irrational vendetta against me and anything I post as you talk about totally unrelated (and untrue) claims about me being a Marxist. A great number of your posts are irrational nonsense and dripping in hate.

To put the cherry on top, you're wrong. You said:

You are presupposing special creation

Duh, I'm presupposing this because that is the WT's assumption. The rest of your post was nothing but special pleading. Have a nice life. Good luck on being happy.

Bradley

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It was so much simpler for Christianity before the scientific method!

And so much easier for the WTBTS before the internet

• logansrun
    logansrun

Narkissos,

A modern "scientific" mind may be quite misleading in the approach of ancient texts. For instance, interpreting the Genesis 2--3 story in genetic terms is totally missing the point of the text.

I agree wholeheartedly. My point is that it is the JWs and other creationists that try and twist a mythical (but instructive!) story into modern scientific respectablity. If you follow their train of thought and are open to all the facts, the creationist/literal view of Genesis crumbles.

Bradley

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Good point Bradley... but we only have to play the "miracle" card to dismiss the issue.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    You're a real piece of work.

Thank you. It's been a long time since anyone confirmed my existence as REAL. Even my cats don't believe in me, apparently.

It's obvious that you have some special, irrational vendetta against me and anything I post as you talk about totally unrelated (and untrue) claims about me being a Marxist.

Not absolutely EVERYTHING you post, my friend. I miss a few. I am only human.

A great number of your posts are irrational nonsense and dripping in hate.
    Hate is a strong word. In case you didn't notice it, this is a discussion board, wherein ideas are EXCHANGED not merely STATED and AGREED with. If the humorous intent of my comments was mislaid, I apologize for your hurt feelings. I was commenting on the aspect that your new avatar presents, and if that didn't come across, I apologize. Maybe I should use more emoticons.

To put the cherry on top,

NO! Cherries go on the BOTTOM!

you're wrong. You said:
    You are presupposing special creation

Duh, I'm presupposing this because that is the WT's assumption.

That's exactly my point. If you admit special creation, you CANNOT disregard further miraculous intervention. You'd have been better off in your scientific stronghold of evolution and spontaneous generation.

The rest of your post was nothing but special pleading.

No, some of it was an ad hominem.

Have a nice life.

Not bloody likely.

Good luck on being happy.

And you as well. Ask Azzie out, will you?

CZAR Jeremy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit