New Here

by djbwac 20 Replies latest social relationships

• djbwac
    djbwac

I don't have a question, but I'm new here and I thought I would talk about my past a little bit, to hopefully make some new friends.

I was raised as a JW, well sort of my mom was married to a jw for awhile, then she married my dad and went to the meetings off and on. When I was growing up I was made to go to them. I hated it. even after I didn't have to go to meetings anymore, I still wasn't allowed to participate in any holidays or birthdays. It wasn't the meetings that I hated, but the kids there. They treated me just fine there, but outside of the hall was another story. They also did things they weren't supposed to do, like date, drink, and smoke. I couldn't understand how such hypercrites could treat me so badly. My mom is now going to meetings again on a regular basis. My dad doesn't go very often. She tries to get me to go, but I won't. I don't see the point. You don't have to go to church to believe in god. I've been with a guy for almost 5 years and we've been living together the whole time. He is not a JW and does not agree with a lot of their practices. My family who does attend meetings look at me as if I'm this bad person because I'm living with someone.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Hello.

Looks to me like you have things taken care of. I am sorry that they are judgemental of your choices and you. Just live a happy life, the best that you can; be yourself. In the end, that is the best way to reply to them. I will now step aside so that other more expierienced individuals can come forward.

Peace

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Where in MN are you? I was born in WI. My mom's family lives between River Falls and Menomonie. Caution: Do not give out too many personal details on the Web, better safe than sorry.

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Hello.

Im new as well.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Nice to meet you! It might be best to remember that you will not get any validation from the JW side of your family. They don't give it to each other so you can forget them being loving to you! You should never let their guilt and unhappiness rub off on you. When you are around them ...feel pity for them...they need it! You are better than they are. You have a heart, they have a corporation!

Look forward to your imput. Maverick

• chester
    chester

Djbwac,

Welcome to the board.

I lived in Duluth for awhile.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

djbwac, welcome to JWD, chere! I just know you'll find a lot of info and support here on the forum....hope you enjoy!

Frannie B

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome!!!

• simplesally
    simplesally

.....hope you stay!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

DJB, welcome. Enjoy the stay.

Guest 77

Share this