An odd experience I had the other day...............

by nicolaou 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

pirata; "have you posted anywhere the story of how your wife got free?"

wobble; "I think if you would be so kind as to write about how your wife came to realise it was not the truth, it would be so helpful for people with a partner still in"

I promised I'd respond, so here goes. The closest I ever got to explaining my wife's exit from the WT was in the thread For anyone struggling to free themselves or loved ones from the Watchtower.

But really, her story is a simple one. She put her young family first! When I began having doubts she really didn't want to discuss it. Doctrine had never been important to her and it still isn't. She grew up in a 'spritually strong' family and was a 3rd generation JW. Her father was an Elder from before she was born and only stood down last month due to poor health - for most of that time he was Presiding Overseer of the cong'.

She got baptised because it was expected and the right thing to do.

Sadly for her and her family my doubts shattered the unbroken peace that they'd been used to for so long. I can't begin to explain the tears and sleepless nights we had. Our three children were 5, 9 & 10 years old and everybody felt they had their best interests at heart - but my wife really did.

Although at first she tried to attend meetings on her own it was just too upsetting for her. She hated leaving the kids behind because a happy and strong family was so important to her. I stuck to my guns that the children would not be going to the Kingdom Hall but tried as much as I could to reassure her how much I loved her and how I would support her own JW lifestyle if that's what she really wanted.

In a few short months she'd simply drifted away from the meetings, stopped going out in field service and after a year or two longer she wasn't even attending Conventions or the Memorial.

That was all about 6 or 7 years ago for her. Even she would now freely admit that her new life is far more rewarding and fulfilling than her old JW existence (Can't say too much about that, it might identify her).

She's never posted here but she did meet some of you at the London Apostafest in 2007.

My wife is beautiful, funny, clever and loving. Next month we celebrate our Silver wedding Anniversary, I'm often bewildered at how I managed to be so lucky!

Nic'

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I felt relief when I finally decided to quit going in FS. My husband was never very regular so there was no pressure from him to continue on . What I do recall as being an odd experience was the last time I prayed . I remember it vividly .We were on a motorcycle ride out in the country and I said a final good bye prayer . It felt strange like something left me ....no not Holy Spirit.. more like oppression . It felt odd ,but not bad .....just the feeling of truly being independent I think .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit