Your first time on this forum. What were your thoughts and feelings?

by stuckinarut2 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great comments from everyone!

I'm truly grateful for this community!

• zeb
    zeb

I guess it revealed for me that the ignorant and weird things and all..'the society says.." comments and all the policing of others was not part of 'my' congregation but generic across the world and therefore a result of wt inculcation.

The rampant child abuse and the institutionalized protection of it finished me.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I was apprehensive , felt guilty ,even though I had been out for many years , and didn`t  believe some of the things I was hearing , that`s the power of indoctrination .However this site is addictive and I`m glad for that .

I have learned more about the "truth" here than you will ever hear in a KH.

Thank you Simon and friends 

smiddy

• Tapioca
    Tapioca

In some ways, all of our stories are the same. But all of our stories are different, too, and those differences have really helped me a lot. Even if one person's views are still dogmatic and harsh, it's good to see...this too, shall pass. Isn't there just nothing in the world as boring as a convert? LOL

When someone in the forums is positive and up-building, I appropriate the encouragement for myself! 

After many, many years "in" I was able to design and execute my fade. Not easy in a Total Dub Family! My greatest joy in life is to provide a touchstone for the ones who come after me--to help them think things through and work out a longer story arc than just next week or next month. From "scared and nervous" to "sense of comfort" to "sanity savior!" We're all working on being a kinder, gentler EX! Thanks to all for sharing.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I was afraid.  Afraid the WTS would somehow get their hands on the membership list.  They could sue Simon and subpoena all the records or have someone purchase the site. After all, I was taught the Holy Spirit could reveal ALL things.....

Paranoia? Or, life as a JW?

Doc

• Simon
    Simon
    They could sue Simon and subpoena all the records or have someone purchase the site. After all, I was taught the Holy Spirit could reveal ALL things

That's never going to happen and I do my best to make sure the site is secure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit