A nuclear war take place and a 1/3 of the world population is wiped from the face of the earth.

by James Mixon 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i stopped worrying about dying in a nuclear war many years ago--theres nothing i could do to stop it.

i was more worried about surviving one.

• prologos
    prologos

stan livedeath
    3 minutes ago

i stopped worrying about dying in a nuclear war many years ago--theres nothing i could do to stop it.

i was more worried about surviving one.

If you survived one (and the aftermath) and together with enough females, you would have it made, you would be the radiation resistant new race of humans that could survive space travel, and leave this planet when the sun becomes a red giant 4.8 billion years from now.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

A nuclear war, natural flood, magnetic poles shift, a large comet strike or a zombie apocalypse would not correct some 150 years of false prophesy, flip flops and out right lies. Lying for the truth involves a lot of fear as motivation.

Trust in Jesus,

just saying

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM
    "I do believe it will happen?" Please spare us your delusional thinking. We survived MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) during the Cold War and with every year that has passed since then the risk of nuclear war has diminished.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    ..bible talks of putting it into hearts..and drawing powers with hooks....so much for free will.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Well the worse things get, generally the more growth the Watchtower organization experiences.

Regarding a third world war: Who knows. Its unlikely but certainly not impossible.

If the US/Russia/China ever get embroiled in a conventional war, the losing side would resort to nuclear weapons first. For reference see: The Nazi state and the policy of total war, 1943 onward.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Saintbertholdt13 minutes ago

Well the worse things get, generally the more growth the Watchtower organization experiences

Really? Is there any growth in the WTS? Kinda thought they were stuck at around 8 million for some time now.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Really? Is there any growth in the WTS? Kinda thought they were stuck at around 8 million for some time now.

The growth rate is slowing but they're still on track for an average (not peak) of over 8.2 million publishers by 2020.

Historically the Watchtower has had its greatest growth in the aftermath of financial/political difficulties: Early 70's, post 1945 and post 1918.

But that is generally a trend for all religions. In turmoil people tend to turn to religion.

• sir82
    sir82

Actually, such a war would be the greatest thing ever to happen to WT recruitment.

Not just the JWs but virtually every fundy religion out there.

In such a scenario, JWs, would experience 100%, 200%, 300% growth for many many years.

Fear drives the ignorant and uneducated into the arms of organizations that have comforting answers.

Comforting <> true, by the way.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    An honest-to-god apocalypse (climate collapse, nukes, meteor shower, zombies) would shatter the JW religion, because it's virtually guaranteed to not play out like their eschatology saws it will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit