A nuclear war take place and a 1/3 of the world population is wiped from the face of the earth.

by James Mixon 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Whatever happens - nuclear war or not - is simply not going to happen the way JWs think it will.

The UN isn't going to be crying out "peace and security". The world's religions are not going to be destroyed; if anything they'll be strengthened. Jesus and his horse riding angels is not going to be coming to save JWs from extinction. The Witnesses will be going on throughout the rest of their miserable lives in expectation of things that will never happen.

• blondie
    blondie

What is the official position of the WTS.

*** rs p. 112-p. 113 Earth ***

Will planet Earth be destroyed in a nuclear war?

What does the Bible show to be God’s purpose regarding the earth?

Matt. 6:10: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.”

Ps. 37:29: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”

See also Ecclesiastes 1:4; Psalm 104:5.

Is there a possibility that, since the nations show little regard for God’s purpose, they might completely ruin the earth for habitation anyway?

Isa. 55:8-11: “[The utterance of Jehovah is:] As the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. . . . My word . . . will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it.”

Isa. 40:15, 26: “Look! [From the standpoint of Jehovah God] The nations are as a drop from a bucket; and as the film of dust on the scales they have been accounted. . . . ‘Raise your eyes high up and see [the sun, the moon, and the billions of stars]. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one of them is missing.’” (The nuclear power developed by the nations is fear inspiring to men. But billions of stars employ nuclear power on a scale that is beyond our ability to comprehend. Who created and controls all these heavenly bodies? Can He not prevent the nations from using their nuclear weapons in a way that would hinder his purpose? That God would do this is illustrated by his destroying the military power of Egypt when Pharaoh sought to stop the deliverance of Israel.—Ex. 14:5-31.)

Rev. 11:17, 18: “We thank you, Jehovah God, the Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun ruling as king. But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time . . . to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

*** g83 12/22 pp. 6-7 No Nuclear Armageddon! ***

But does not 2 Peter 3:7, 10 at least allude to a nuclear holocaust?’ someone may ask. There we read, according to the Authorized Version: “But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”

Obviously, however, this is symbolic speech and does not refer to a literal nuclear holocaust, which, while destroying the earth and man upon it, could not cause the literal heavens to “pass away with a great noise.” Actually it is this wicked system of things, the “ungodly” human society and its governmental “heavens,” that will suffer complete destruction, as if by fire. The worldly factors, in all their elemental parts will be dissolved in the heat of God’s anger, along with the materialistic “works” of this human society, the symbolic “earth.” This will pave the way for “new heavens and a new earth” of which Peter next spoke—a new earthly society of redeemed mankind under the new governmental “heavens” of Christ’s Messianic Kingdom, in which righteousness will dwell. (2 Peter 3:13) Gone will be the Satanic influence that has led men away from God. A nuclear holocaust would not rid man of the Devil and his demons. Armageddon will open the way for Christ Jesus, at the direction of his Father, to do this.—See Revelation 20:1-3.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Which third?

How would anyone survive the radiation and nuclear winter?

How would the governing body get money and survive themselves?

What if Warwick and the governing body were nuked?.............wait.........let's hope they do!

• freddo
    freddo

Boom!

WTF?

I'm alive? Can I move? Family?

WTF - no electricity - no water - what's in the fridge - anything in the toilet cistern - any rain water in the water-butt (rainwater tank) outside?

OK ... what to do? what to do? Go to car turn on radio - static.

Right I need water let's find water. What food have we got?

Sits down and thinks OK I can survive a week or more on what we've got in this house ... but about then people will break in and take what we've got. Damn those Yanks were right ... a gun would be useful.

At my age I reckon if I survived the initial blasts but my country was so damaged that no emergency service was available I reckon I'd last a month if I could get uncontaminated water. Then I'd be murdered or die of radiation sickness because I'd eat what I could find and it would surely be contaminated..

• username
    username

If there is to be a third world war I cannot see this being nuclear. It serves absolutely no purpose other than to wipe out the planet and leave a desolate radiation poisoned wasteland. Apparently the only creatures that can survive a nuclear attack are rats and cockroaches. Once the supply of the few rotting bodies left after the initial blasts and the inevitable radiation sickness has killed the human species, not to mention the vegetation then the rats will turn on each other eventually wiping the rat population out. leaving a planet full of cockroaches and nothing more.

Does one really think the powers that be would actually want to wipe out a planet and leave it inhabitable for many centuries? This does not fulfill any purpose and is a futile exercise in the flexing of muscles. However, there could be a single incident that employs a nuclear missile. It happened in Hiroshima and Nagasaki so its not impossible for it to happen again.

The biggest threat to global security is the very medium I'm using now to post this message. If anyone wants to cause chaos then an all out cyber attack on banks and governmental agencies would render far more damage to society than any nuclear attack could ever do. Why? It's not about killing billions of people, It's about money and power. With a cyber attack there is a long term affect, create chaos to bring about order.

• freddo
    freddo

It could go nuclear.

If Russia/China/USA are involved each one is too big to be taken down by the other with conventional weapons and if it went nuclear the "winner" would be mortally damaged itself.

But let's say India and Pakistan square up to each other (Political/religious divide - Hindu and Muslim). Let's say due to the sheer size India is winning the conventional war. I could see elements in Pakistan "taking them down with us" and nuking major Indian cities.

Fortunately the bigger boy (India) seems to be the more peaceful one!

So I can see a continent being laid to waste but not the whole globe.

If the middle east - as in Israel and the Muslim nations went nuclear then any nuclear action would be in that region even if it came from any of the three major nuclear powers.

And the UK? I'm glad the UK has it's little fleet of nuclear subs out and about - it makes me feel safer as it did throughout the cold war. (even though Canada, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Brazil etc etc - even South Korea, get by quite happily without) and I believe that in hindsight the UK could've relied on the USA to be "The West's" nuclear deterrent.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i'll be ok--i'm a cock roach
  • prologos
    prologos
    I could see elements in Pakistan "taking them down with us" and nuking major Indian cities.

freddo
    an hour ago

It could go nuclear.

Yes it could , but Pakistan just revealed that it's nukes are low yeals, on battleground tactical, not strategic size. no threat to India or the planet. Pakistan could not take us "down with them"

• freddo
    freddo

@prologos

Maybe not right now I was thinking future - 5 to 10 years? And is "Pakistan" telling the whole truth? Governments have been known to lie.

• prologos
    prologos

taking them down with us" I remember this phrase originally used for the first time in 1944/45 by guess who? AH

5-10 years? hopefully by that time new ways of dealing with nukes will have been developed. This freedom from worship humanity is too good to have fail now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit