Governing Buzzards - Part 6 - Broken foundation of Russellism

by Amazing 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Part 6 ? Exposing the broken foundation of Russell-ism

A core foundation claim asserted by the Watchtower Society from its inception in the 1870s to this very day, is that they are God's chosen channel of truth for all humankind. They claim that Russell was Jehovah's chosen instrument to restore truth once lost through centuries of apostasy. This restoration was done so that God's people, both the Anointed Remnant and the Other Sheep could be prepared in these last days for the work ahead of preaching the Good News to the end of the age, and ultimate survival through Armageddon into the New World.

Progressive light & forward moving Truth: At first Russell was deemed as the sole Faithful and Wise Servant, a virtual modern day prophet to lead Jehovah's people, but this was refined in a forward moving progressive way to include all the Anointed class as the Faithful & Discreet Slave as a composite body. Russell, therefore, was not dethroned from his high station, but was now considered to be one of a whole class ... albeit a very important part he was. Various doctrines have been refined over the years to better understand that there are two classes of Christians, the Bride Class and her Bridesmaids who accompany her to heaven, and then another refinement that resulted in one class going to heaven, and the other remaining on the earth forever. The Kingdom was refind to almost focus exclusively on a Paradise Earth, while the heavenly hope has almost been forgotten except once a year at the memorial celebration. At an initial glance, one would or could view this progression as a natural flow of events, a needed progression of steps, that are all woven together to form a complete picture.

From foundation to complete construction: Anyone grasps the concept of progressive construction. The grading and clearing of the land, the pouring of the foundation, framing in, setting the roof trusses, siding exterior and sheet-rocking the interior, roofing, plastering, painting, carpeting, installing appliances, cabinettes, etc. is a progressive process. As construction progresses, the house takes shape, and as the finishing touches are done, with landscaping, and decorating, the process unfolds into a beautiful product. It certainly went through many changes and phases to get there. This is THE PICTURE that the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, with its many subsequent corporations and structural changes in organizations, want everyone to believe, expecially their followers known today as The Christian Congregation Jehovah's Witnesses. Very well, one can accept all of this ... BUT ...

Could there be a fly in the ointment? While problems are to be exepcted with any forward moving progressive system, be it literal construction of buildings, manufacturing equipment, or setting up a government or other organization ... one does expect that the end product will at least resemble what was set out in the design drawings ... if I lay the foundation to build a house, I would expect a house, not a mechanical device. AND, more importantly, when laying a foundation, one expects that good engineering is done to assure that the foundation is stable, properly anchored, perhaps using pilings for extra security, so that it will hold up the house. So ... now ... an inspection should reveal any serious flaws, any major construction defects clearly, just as one would discover a Fly in the Ointment.

Apostasy is not considered a flaw of the Watchtower House: Rather, the Watchtower Society considers Apostasy the chaf that falls off the wheat, as bent nails that fail to properly be driven into the wood, or broken boards that have to be disgarded. Apostates are the left over debris and trash that have to be periodicly cleaned out as the Watchtower House is brought to its completion. THEREFORE, let's make an inspection into this trash called Apostasy to make sure we understand how BAD it is, and why it CANNOT be used in the Watchtower House.

Based on your inspection, is the following an APOSTATE comment ... that is, a comment from a detractor or an opposer?:

"We always refuse to be called by any other name than that of our Head - Christians - continually claiming that there can be no division among those continually led by the Spirit and example as made known through his Word."

Notice that the writer claims only to be called a Christian. To only be led by the Spirit, even capitalizing the word Spirit, cannot be part of the foundation of the Watchtower House. It would cause serious structural problems.

How about this one:

'Beware of "organization." It is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. Do not seek to bind others' consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours. Believe and obey so far as you can understand God's Word today, and so continue growing in grace and love day by day.'

Clearly, this is absolutely a piece of Apostate trash that could never under any circumstance be used in the progressive building of the Watchtower House! Why? Because the Watchtower teaches that our consciences are weak, subject to the law of the flesh, and we need God's Organization to continually guide and direct our consciences, lest we fail to work hard enough to pass the final test into the new earth.

NOW, let's look at the BIG FLY in the Ointment ... a serious DESIGN ERROR:

' ... by whatsoever names men may call us, it matters not to us; we acknowledge none other name than "the only name given under heaven and among men" - Jesus Christ. We call ourselves simply CHRISTIANS and we raise no fence to separate us from any who believe in the foundation stone of our building mentioned by Paul: "That Christ died for our sins according the the Scriptures"; and those for whom this is not broad enough have no right to the name Christian.'

WOW!!! Clearly the Watchtower house could NEVER in a million years ever accept this kind of Apostate evil trash ... Why, this could never have even been part of the disgarded construction materials ... it must have just been from the soiled paper in the out-house ... to assert that acceptance of an ORGANIZATION is to lose the RIGHT to be called Christian, why this must have been written by the Evil Slave class ...

Yes, you apostates know where this is going ... admit it now ...

Who made the above statements? Who could have possibly written such things? None other than the first foundation stone of the Watchtower House ... Charles Taze Russell ... in the September 15th, 1885 Watchtower magazine.

WHAT? But, if that is so, how could the Watchtower House now refer to this basic foundation stone of thier religion as the Faithful and Wise Servant, yet treat his teachings as Apostate? But, if Russell is right, house could the Watchtower House stand today as a house of Truth? But ... but ... but ... but ... but ... but ... but ...

It is obvious. The foundation of Russellism was broken by J.F. Rutherford when he forced the Bible Students to accept the name Jehovah's Witnesses, to register all congregations with the Society, to have all congregation appointments controlled by the Society ... to have all teachings controlled by Watchotwer training and publications ... and today, the Society now claims to be a heirarchial organization, like the Catholic Church, with control and beneficial rights to all Kingdom Hall properties everywhere.

Today, the Watchtower House now resembles the Houses they used to condemn as unholy and doomed for destruction - Babylon the Great, Mother of ALL Harlots and disgusting things of the earth. Heavy stuff!

The foundation of Russellism was, and remains, BROKEN ... a foundation that cannot support today's religion known as the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses as directed and controlled by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania ... they are two distinctly different religions ... as distinct as the difference between Communism and Capitalism ... totally opposed to one another ...

And with such a broken foundation, Jesus Christ said the House could not stand.

IN my opinion, while I do not suscribe to Charles Taze Russell's beliefs in general ... he was closer to Christ in his teachings regarding Jesus Christ as the foundation stone ... whereas the Watchtower House of today is as far removed from God as the Devil is.

Simply Amazing

Stay tuned for:

Part 7 ? Rutherford?s secret mistress [information from a special guest]

If you had any feeling left that Rutherford may have been a good guy, though different from Charles Russell ... then read this upcoming account.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Amazing,

This piece of work is utterly amazing. Printing it out as soon as I finish posting here.

Looking forward to the next installment.

P.S When I first came on this board your posts were what I read first.

wannaexit

• mustang
    mustang

I notice that Russell mentioned "...continue growing in grace...". The concept of Grace is never mentioned in modern JWism; it probably hasn’t been stated for over a 100 years!!!

As AlanF said: to JW’s, grace is a woman’s name!!!

"The foundation of Russellism was, and remains, BROKEN

..."

I remember being called Russellites. Someone made a comment recently that made me think: Russellites probably more properly refers to the few remaining Bible Students splinter groups. Some of them even still publish the "Studies in the Scriptures", I am told.

Today’s’ JW’s would be more properly referred to as RUTHERFORDITES!!!!

Mustang

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Amazing, as always. Thanks for your thought-provoking contributions.

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Another enjoyable thought provoking read.

thankyou

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Jim,

Thank you for this series (and for your other series, for that matter) and for your efforts to organize it and set it forth so well.

I always find your comments thought-provoking and interesting. Can't wait for the next installment..........:)

Thanks, Dan

• dustyb
    dustyb

btw, does anyone know where i can find this copy of the watchtower?? i'll pay decent for it.

• MikeGanas
    MikeGanas

Jim, have you ever thought about publishing your writings?

Also, you have a pm.

Mike.

• True North
    True North

Are there any doctrines peculiar to Russell that are still accepted by the Watchtower org. these days?

• dustyb
    dustyb

i don't think there's many doctrines that JW's recognize that Russell created. Russell didn't create 144,000 (rutherford), or the organization (rutherford), or the earthly class (rutherford), or anything like that. about the only thing russell contributed to JWism was Jesus arrived invisibly in 1874 and Armageddon was going to begin in 1914, heh heh heh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit