Straight from the horse's mouth - Jehovah's Witnesses are mentally diseased

by evilApostate 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

Many of you may remember the July, 2011 study edition Watchtower magazine which stated that, "Apostates are mentally diseased" ( http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011524?q=mentally+diseased&p=par ). To Jehovah's witnesses, anyone who leaves "the truth" is an apostate. The funny thing is that logically, anyone who teaches false doctrines is also an apostate.

According to the Watchtower, anyone who listens to false teachers also classify as apostates (See http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000309?q=false+teachers&p=par ). Now consider, the false doctrine below which has been taught for many years by Watchtower:

"...that some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world; that lovers of righteousness will survive into a cleansed earth." (Reasoning from the scriptures - http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989239 )

After 102 years, the end is nowhere in sight and so the doctrine has been changed to the overlapping generation doctrine; one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.(https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5147536702570496/overlapping-generation-doctrine-epitome-stupidity )

There are countless other predictions and doctrines which have proven to be false. Hence, we can rightfully say that Watchtower is a false teacher. Since anyone who follows a follows a false teacher is an apostate, then anyone who follows Watchtower's teachings is an apostate. And yes, according to Watchtower, Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates. By logical deduction we can conclude that Jehovah's Witnesses "are mentally diseased" - Straight from the horses mouth.

• Saename
    Saename

That's not how the phrase "straight from the horse's mouth" is usually used, but... whatever. Anyway, you're not going to wake up any Witnesses by using such a valid and sound syllogism. They have a very interesting superpower straight from Krypton called "resistance to logic." Their usual tactics involve special pleading.

• steve2
    steve2

One hard lesson I learnt decades ago was this: JWs talk a lot about "reasoning on the Scriptures" but demonstrate an almost in-built refusal to do so themselves. I would have thought that logic is logic and reasoning is reasoning and cannot be disputed. But in the minds of those who are wedded to an organisation, it takes priority over the ability to use logic and reasoning.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    By logical deduction

Two words that no obedient dub would allow himself to use , unless it came from the WTS...and the rest of us never believed this "mentally diseased thing anyway.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The leaders of the Watchtower Publishing house have always been apostate to the word and false prophets...... commercialized ones.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yup. Good thread.

Deut 18:22 "If a someone speaks in "gods name" and it does not come to pass, then reject that one as they are NOT speaking for God!"

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

There are countless other predictions and doctrines which have proven to be false. Hence, we can rightfully say that Watchtower is a false teacher. Since anyone who follows a follows a false teacher is an apostate, then anyone who follows Watchtower's teachings is an apostate. And yes, according to Watchtower, Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates. By logical deduction we can conclude that Jehovah's Witnesses "are mentally diseased" - Straight from the horses mouth.

I agree, but can't help but wonder why still playing by their rules. Why using their language? Why still defining things by their own terms? I wouldn't call them mentally diseased, I'd call them full of --it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

evilApostate - "...By logical deduction we can conclude that Jehovah's Witnesses are 'mentally diseased' - straight from the horses mouth."

Well, considering how many active JWs are on meds for depression/anxiety/whathaveyou... :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit