What was your excuse for skipping meetings?

by dustyb 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

i always said my knee hurt, or i was sick, or too tired (i'd always make it a point to stay up till like 4:00 AM on saturday nite)....

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Being sick is a popular one. I used that one alot to miss school when I was a kid. Sometimes, I would conveniently not wake up in the morning, and by the time I was forced out of bed, I didn't have time to to get ready for the meeting.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

I wasn't aware that you really needed one - besides, what could''ve been better than being in the loving association of your brothers and sisters and learning about Jehoobers wonderful ways?

Well anyway, here's a few that come to mind that I may have offered if any of the brothers were of the least bit concerned to enquire -

Too busy,

Too tired,

Too beautiful a day/night to be stuck in a kingdumb hell,

Couldn't be bothered,

Had better things to do, i.e. anything.

cheeses - who didn't need much of an excuse to miss a meeting - even when he had assigned parts. The elders used to love that - especially when they didn't know beforehand.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Work, then when I worked in the bakery it was sleep. In the end nobody cared. When I quit altogether they didn't contact me for 10 years.

• little witch
    little witch

HOLY CHEESES!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN STRANGER? OH, STILL GOT YOUR HEAD UP YOUR A**

(((MISSED YA))))

LW

• myself
    myself

They made me sick, oops I mean I didn't feel well

• pdx
    pdx

When I was going, I never had an excuse but if anyone asked! I would say, I took a vacation. It was a guilt trip..

• houdini
    houdini

For evening meetings I never used an excuse, I work nights so could never attend any evening meetings. It was often suggested that i quit that job and do something that enabled me to attend their precious meetings. Right I'm going to find a day job that earns 1/2 what I was earning by working nights.

But they said money is everything think of you spiritual well beinging. What's the point in that when you can't afford to feed yourself or you family, pay the bill, taxes etc. Worrying about these things is going to dent my spiritual well-being far more than missing a meeting

"But God will provide what you need". I never saw Him paying for the food at the local supermarket, or the electricity bill, or in fact any bill.

As for Sunday's that was time to spend with my family, not my spiritual one, the one I live with 24/7 rather than some phoney love for supposed brothers and sister of the world wide organization.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Homework. I always made it look like I had tons of homework to do, when I was actually writing in my journal.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Little Witch.

Here I am blushing with all modesty. Yes, my head is still firmly entrenched in my posterior. In fact, it feels quite comfortable now, though it does present difficulties with breathing and causes my wife some embarrassment when out in the public gaze.

Still, and this is in answer to your question as to where I have been, having my head in my rear end did not hinder my mission of doing relief circuit work. In fact, the society said I would fit right in as almost all circuit overseers have their head in their arse in anycase.

Correctly though, I still visit often, but not do sign as often.

cheeses - still here in spirit - and watching over you evil pack of apostates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit