First Christian Nudist Resort Set for Fla..........WTS approves?!?!?!?

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 8 Replies latest social current

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

I had thought of posting this under 'apostafests and get-togethers' originally..............but then wondered if we should risk being exposed to active jws. Imagine the conversation..............."fancy meeting you here!" Would they shun us?????? LMBFAO. Seems like Janet Jackson may be finally following theocratic direction! Is this new light on the Hebrew scriptures???????? Or has the paradise been established and we missed it???????????

http://travel.discovery.com/news/afp/20040126/christian.html

First Christian Nudist Resort Set for Fla. AFP

Jan. 28, 2004 ? The first nudist resort created primarily for Christians in the United States is due to open in Florida and its cofounder claims that he can provide passages in the Bible where nudity is prominently mentioned.

"Depending on the version of the Bible you use, there are as many as 40 passages that refer to nudity," said Bill Martin, co-founder of Natura, which will be the first Christianity-themed nudist colony in the country when it opens in a Tampa suburb in April.

World's Best Nude Beaches
  • Little Beach, Hawaii
  • Red, White and Blue Beach, Calif.
  • Haulover Beach, Fla.
  • Red Beach, Greece
  • Praia do Pinho, Brazil
  • Hedonism II, Jamaica
  • Samurai Beach, Australia
  • Wreck Beach, British Columbia
  • Ochos Rios, Jamaica
  • Montalivet, France
  • "In (the Bible book of) Isaiah 20.2, God tells Isaiah to go into the wilderness naked for three years. So there's historical basis for a Christian nudist lifestyle," continued Martin, who is a Quaker.

When Natura is completed, the 240-acre resort area will have 500 homes, a hotel, a water-slide park, and a non-denominational Christian church. Although nudity will be mandatory, attending church services will be clothing-optional for residents, according to Martin.

Followers of the Baptist, Catholic, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mennonites, and Quaker religions are some of the different Christian denominations who will call Natura home.

"Fundamentalist Christians and the Southern Baptists may object to us, but I will meet with them anytime to talk about both Natura and nudity," said Martin. "It's funny that some Southern Baptists oppose us, because for about the first 500 years after the death of Christ, mass baptisms were done nude."

See you there..................Bliss

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............where is this camp suppose to be????

edited to say....oppps, "suburbs of Tampa" hmmmmm, now I'm wondering what Safe4kids is up to????

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Followers of the Baptist, Catholic, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mennonites, and Quaker religions are some of the different Christian denominations who will call Natura home.

Is it possible that when the 'Tower becomes aware of this assertion that there'll be a QFR something along the lines of "Can Jehovah's People Be Nudists?". Or perhaps a whole article on nudism?

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

And I wonder if the brothers will still have to wear ties?????????/

• keeshah
    keeshah

Well, going out in field service would definately be more interesting!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

How will they show "All Interested Persons Welcome"????

• FairGame
    FairGame

There's nothing sexier than a naked man with just a tie on. Trust me!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I have the sneaking suspicion that this is some really bad investigative reporting. The reporter was probably assumed that since the resort is for Christians, people from all manner of Christian denominations would go. Then the reporter looked up a few denominations and inserted them into the article, making it seem as though this resort had wide support from the Christian community. This is especially obvious by looking at the last three items on the list:

Jehovah's Witnesses, Mennonites, and Quaker

I find it hard to believe that each of these religions had any specific public comment to make about the resort, let alone a supportive one.

SNG

• bebu
    bebu

I disbelieve the assertion that for the first 500 years baptisms were done in the nude. Everyone is quoting this guy as if this were a fact, but I've seen nothing anywhere to substantiate this. Has anyone ever come across solid info to substantiate his claim? I'd be glad to get it...

It does promote the business, though, I'm sure!...

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit