Jesus Christ—The Greatest Scientist (and Psychologist) who ever lived on earth!

by Ireneus 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

If we eliminate all the controversial and confusing verses attributed to Jesus we will get the crystal clear truth from him because his source was (1) God which can be seen from his habit of early morning talking to God in prayer (Mark 1:35; John 8:1, 2) which would not have been for material blessings (Mathew 6:8; 16:24), and (2) also observance of people.

1) Jesus who said judgment is based on whether we acted humanely or not (Mathew 25:31-46) would not have spoken about God’s people and pagans (which means bulk of the things found in Gospel had not been spoken/done by Jesus).

2) Another important truth he said was about the real key to our happiness which he said is with each one of us. (Luke 17:21). From his observance of history, he knew there are people from adversities who made great contribution to the world; and there are people from all abundance who lived a life of wastage accomplishing nothing; and there are people who are mixed in varying degree. This shows some people had perfect control of their mind; some did have no control of their mind (like apostle Paul who lamented ‘what a miserable man I am who wants to do what is right yet does what is wrong’—Romans 7:19, 24-25); and others had some control of their mind in varying degree. This means one’s thinking creates his reality, as nicely put by Henry Ford: “Think you can, think you can't; either way you'll be right.”

Hence Jesus said: “the kingdom of God is within you” (Luke 17:21) because we are much more than our mind which is just a tool used by our very essence, the immaterial entity within, which is not in the time-space continuum. (If you resolve to live conscientiously you would find yourself firmly refusing to commit a mistake even in your dreams, which points to the existence of an immaterial reality still functioning even when your body is resting—this is a simple way you can find yourself the truth about yourself rather than depending on high-voltage debates of others). Life presents itself in present tense and we have control only on our current thoughts; hence when you live in the present tense fully focused on what you do now you enjoy it and you would not feel time passing as though you are living in heaven. But if you are torn between past and future worries over which you have no control, you would feel hours as days or months as though you are living in hell. Thoughts you choose to think create your experiences. If you believe it is possible to make changes in your wasteful habits, then your choice of this thought will make it true for you, and vice versa. Hence, it is you that decides whether you live in heaven or hell, now, here, on earth! What would happen in the future needs not be a worry as we did not worry about what would happen when we are pushed out of our mother’s womb!

When I practiced the essence of Luke 17:21 I found it is working in me, and I also find that there is an incredible power and intelligence within me constantly responding to my thoughts. It gives me comfort—the ultimate aim all scientists and psychologists are struggling to accomplish for us—which is already available within me, according to Jesus.

[Poor JWs who believe their GB who derails the understanding of Luke 17:21 saying Jesus as the head of the God’s Kingdom was ‘among or amidst of’ them without realizing that Jesus used the same Greek word, Έντóς (Entos), to refer inside the cup in Mathew 23:25, 26 when he said: “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within (έντός) the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.” These are the only two occurrences of this word in the whole NT; and unambiguously it means “within.” This ties in with the context also where Jesus says: “The Kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say: Behold here, or behold there. For lo, the Kingdom of God is within you.”—Luke 17:20, 21]

• cofty
    cofty
    we are much more than our mind which is just a tool used by our very essence, the immaterial entity within, which is not in the time-space continuum

All the evidence from neuroscience shows that we are our brains. There is no 'ghost in the machine'.

• venus
    venus

Ireneus,

I am going to experiment this.

I think Denis Waitley understood Jesus perfectly when he wrote: “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.”

Interestingly, my professor used to say ‘there is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.’ During College Anniversary celebration he sang a song composed by himself: I still remember one line from it: ‘God is the music of his life.’ He had no ill-feeling towards his unknown mother who threw him in the trash when he was born to her (may be because she was not married at that time). He grew in an orphanage.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Cofty wrote: “All the evidence from neuroscience shows that we are our brains. There is no 'ghost in the machine'.”

Let neuroscience come with full explanation. At present neuroscientists have only partial view. That is why you find both group in neuroscience—those who believe like you and those who believe ‘there is a ghost in the machine.’ Spiritual Brain--A Neuroscientist’s Case for the Existence of the Soul, written by Mario Beauregard and Denyse O’Leary)

It is true that when brain is damaged, or when brain chemistry is changed it affects functional activities of the mind because they are based on the physical substance of the brain (just like damage in the hardware of your computer would affect the functional activities of the software you use) because of which some may feel that the mind is what the brain does. It only says about the correlation between the mind and the brain; but would correlation imply causation?

Here is an interesting quote: “Has neuroscience revealed an empirical identity between psychological states and brain states? It clearly has not, nor does it seem that it ever could. What neuroscience does is to provide us with ever more precise descriptions of the goings-on in our brains that are correlated with our psychological states ….. Correlation is a far cry from identity; two phenomena can be perfectly correlated, without being identical.” (Mind, Matter and Nature, James Madden, page 108)

But Jesus was talking about something that has control even over mind. He was in link with God; hence to which level his consciousness would move we do not know because there are crude consciousness filled with physical reality, subtle consciousness filled with subtle reality, pure consciousness … etc. When the mind tells a physically crippled man ‘this is how I am, I can only accomplish this much’ it becomes a reality for him. But something in Stephen Hawking overruled his mind when it told him the same. That something is different from mind. That is why he could prove that one who has a physically challenging disability can overcome it in spirit and do even more than ‘able’ people can do.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

crystal clear truth”....”source was God...” 🤣🤣🤣

Which God? And what empirical evidence do you have that shows that God exists?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jesus Christ thanks you, Ireneus ...

Image result for jesus christ

• Ireneus
    Ireneus
    If you (Jehalapeno) are asking ‘What empirical evidence I have that shows that God exists,’ that would change the subject of the OP. OP is my simple attempt to show that one can live in God’s kingdom even now, here, on earth, without waiting for it, using the enormous power that remains dormant in each one of us. Though proving existence of soul is not the subject, I have already mentioned in the OP how each individual can know such an entity exists in you
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I prefer the writings of Lao Tzu, which “Jesus”, probably read...

DD 🧘🏻‍♂️

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Is this a joke?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lol, if he's the "great psychologist" then why are his followers batshit crazy? Why is religiosity often a sign of mental illness? You also literally said that some people had perfect control of their mind. Yeah, I don't think so. But whatever makes you feel special. Grandiosity is often a sign of mental illness too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit