Comments You Will Not Hear at the 2-8-04 WT Study (unless you give them)

by blondie 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You have a standing dinner/lunch/supper/breakfast invitation in Missouri anytime you want. Great work AGAIN. It is time the WTBTS invited you onto the Writing Committee -- oh shit -- I forgot -- you do not have a penis -- sorry!

• blondie
    blondie

Badger and Still, we'll have to plan a trip your direction. Irreverent said that Missouri is a weekend possibility. Still, do we have to masquerade as active JWs? What part of Texas, Badger?

Still, you know what they say, "The PEN is mightier than the sword." But some have said I have "balls."

Badger, in the March WT study articles, they beat up on the elders, especially the Congregation Book Study Overseer.

The thing about handing people shame and guilt is that they want to get rid of it, and will get rid of it any way they can. Using negatives to motivate is like pushing a rope. You don't know which way the rope will go - mostly it doesn't - and you don't know which way people will go.

http://www.visualwriter.com/MotWrite/HowNotToMotivate.htm

Blondie

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Blondie,

You give the best Watchtower talk I have ever heard

Thank you

• Spirit
    Spirit

Blondie

When I read your studies I feel a great peace inside of me. Thank you very much.

What can I do to rescue a relative of the claws of the tyrannical sect JW?

M.A.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Blondie, I love your bang, bang, bang references in Acts. Hmmm, Jesus/Jehovah, Jehovah/Jesus. Almost sounds like it is heading towards a trinitarian doctrine. I think every Christian should be ready to share their testimony of what they have seen and heard. Whether they are obligated to hit the dusty trail and preach to the uninterested is another matter entirely. Stephen waited on widow's tables. But he was ready, when the time came, to explain what he believed. Epraphas is commended as a helper (Col 1:7) Works worthy of a widow including welcoming travellers, helping those who are in trouble (1 Titus 5:10) Can a JW widow be similarly commended if she can no longer participate in service?

And he gave some as Apostles, and some, prophets; and some, preachers of the good news; and some to give care and teaching; For the training of the saints as servants in the church, for the building up of the body of Christ: Till we all come to the harmony of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to full growth, to the full measure of Christ: (Eph 4:11-13 BBE)

But now they are all different parts, but one body. And the eye may not say to the hand, I have no need of you: or again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. No, those parts which seem to be feeble are the more necessary; And to those parts of the body which seem to have less honour we give all the more honour; and to those parts of the body which are a cause of shame to us we give the greater respect; But those parts of the body which are beautiful have no need of such care: and so the body has been joined together by God in such a way as to give more honour to those parts which had need of it; So that there might be no division in the body; but all the parts might have the same care for one another. And if there is pain in one part of the body, all the parts will be feeling it; or if one part is honoured, all the parts will be glad. Now you are the body of Christ, and every one of you the separate parts of it. And God has put some in the church, first, Apostles; second, prophets; third, teachers; then those with wonder-working powers, then those with the power of taking away disease, helpers, wise guides, users of strange tongues. (1 Cor 12:20-28 BBE)

If the WTBTS were characterized as a body, they would be one big MOUTH. No eyes to see where they are going, no ears to hear what people are telling them. A freak of nature.

• Lonestar13
    Lonestar13

I find it rather interesting that the WTS quotes various 'secular' sources to back their 'reasoning', however individual witnesses are not encouraged to do the same. They even went as far as to quote a professor of theology. As much as they tell us to be "students of the bible", what that really means is become students of WTS publications ONLY.

On the same token, if we were to use secular sources to make counterpoints to the WTS reasoning, we would be told that such writers, professors etc. do not have Jehovah's spirit and thus we should not be consulting them! Hypocrisy abounds in the WTS!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Blondie, nice job once again... One can only stare in amazement at the calcified mind-set of the JW writer responsible for this piece when he attempts to contrast Christendom's purported dependence on ``biological" and ``transfer" factors for their growth, with the alleged dynamism of JWs. He must have had access to the statistics on Pentecostal, Evangelicals, etc. that you cite, as well as the meager (plus 2.2 percent worldwide for the year) results of JW activity reported jsut a couple pages later in the same issue.

Put that paltry 2.2% against the figure for the overall growth in world population (something around 2%) and what is there to boast about?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Great review blondie; you get a G for convincing argument.

More of the same psychotic back and forth between being Christians, and being worshippers of Jehovah. JW's have more in common with the jews of old than with christians; we have even more rules than they did and we can't do a thing if the elders don't like it.

Have a great vacation!!

I wanted to post last weekend here, but could not get in for some reason.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks galaxy 7,

You give the best Watchtower talk I have ever heard

Of course, I don?t have much competition. Those poor brothers aren?t given much room to be creative. They just speak from a "regurgitation" outline. I remember the old days when you could sit anxiously wondering what "bomb" Brother Independent Thinker was going to drop on the audience. But no more, those brothers are dead and gone. Only the company men remain.

Thanks, spirit.

What can I do to rescue a relative of the claws of the tyrannical sect JW?

Well, they have to see the tyranny themselves. If that happens, then just give support if they decide to unplug themselves. The number of friends and relatives they have to detach from will determine the difficulty. Making new attachments will help. Try and be one.

Yes, jgnat, at the old age of 50 I finally realized that the baptism in the name of the Father and the holy spirit only occurred in Matthew 28:19,20 and that all the other references were only to Jesus. That?s what 35 years plus of listening to WTS propaganda can do to your brain.

I think every Christian should be ready to share their testimony of what they have seen and heard. Whether they are obligated to hit the dusty trail and preach to the uninterested is another matter entirely.

It is said that it is better to live a sermon than preach one. It makes sense that those closest to you family, friends, neighbors, workmates would be more receptive to the Christian message than complete strangers who see you only once in a unnatural setting.

Lonestar, good point,

I find it rather interesting that the WTS quotes various 'secular' sources to back their 'reasoning', however individual witnesses are not encouraged to do the same.

I actually brought this one up within the depths of the writing department at Bethel. I was told that the holy spirit guides them to select the quotes that support the Bible and also protects the researcher at Bethel from being influenced by the non-JW material. Right!!!!!

Room 215

One can only stare in amazement at the calcified mind-set of the JW writer responsible for this piece when he attempts to contrast Christendom's purported dependence on ``biological" and ``transfer" factors for their growth, with the alleged dynamism of JWs. He must have had access to the statistics

But of course, the holy spirit must have told the writer that those statistics were not theocratically correct, lies from Christendom, influenced by Satan himself as "ruler" of this world.

Pistoff,

JW's have more in common with the jews of old than with christians; we have even more rules than they did and we can't do a thing if the elders don't like it.

Yes, even if the elders? wives don?t like it. As an elder wife, I had many an elder approach me and say that his wife was nagging him about something I was doing she felt was untheocratic, all the while assuring me that he didn't think that way. I told him he was talking to the wrong woman.

Thanks everyone for your excellent insight.

Blondie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Blonde:I stumbled across this post, whilst looking for something else.
    Thank you for your excellent insights!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit