WT rules about forgiving a cheating spouse

by Addison0998 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

Does anyone else think it’s weird and controlling the organization says if your mate commits adultry, and then you have sex with them, you are not free to remarry again, since this means you forgave them. The Bible never mentions anything about this. It’s so weird they have a say about what goes on behind closed doors of two people who are still legally married. What if your just horny and want to have sex one last time before divorcing and possibly being single the rest of your life? But no, they decide your sexuality for you.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hi Addison,

This reminded me of the inconsistency of WT logic. For example, if an elder's child who lives at home gets DFed, the BOE is supposed to review that elder's qualifications to see whether he still qualifies to serve as an elder.

In one case I knew of, an elder's at home child got DFed. The BOE continued using the elder for some 5 months before the CO ordered them to meet with the elder to review him. In my mind the BOE did the same thing as the situation you described, and, logically, that should have cancelled out any review of the elder's qualifications. By continuing to use the elder for five months, their actions in effect said that the elder was still qualified to serve as an elder. But they don't see it that way.

And try using that example in the marriage infidelity example you gave. You won't get any where with the elders. Logic and fairness never win over following WT rules.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Addison, I think you are the weird one

You come on here and start three threads about sex, claiming to be a 20s female, yet you use language I have never heard a recently out JW use. Especially a JW woman. And you claim that "...and then I read the elders manual" even though you were still "in".

I call BS.

JW women who are "in" do not just casually say that they read the elders manual - they can't even touch the damn thing and most JWs, especially a horny 20 year old "girl", don't even know that it exists

I think you are fabricating stories for attention and to satisfy some sort of weird sexual obsession. You have never responded to anybody that has taken the time out to reply to your sexual stories, you just start another one

Pretending to be a young woman talking about sex must give you kicks

• TD
    TD

No, I don't think it's weird at all. Having sex with someone you intend to divorce is pretty low. It's morally wrong to use someone like that.

I'm going to echo OrphanCrow. You sound like an adolescent male

Even in something utterly mundane like employment, you have to fire an employee who has committed an termination offense when it happens. You can't fire them on Friday for something they did on Monday. Even in a right-to-work state, that's wrong.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

...they decide your sexuality for you.

...and your career choices, and your medical choices, and how you dress, and what music you should listen, and what should you be doing the most, and who you talk and be friends with, and who should you choose to marry, and when/if having children, and what are acceptable sexual positions, the list is endless.

Yes, it's weird.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

You sound like an adolescent predatory male

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I don't get the hate toward this poster. Am I missing something? Why can't this person be female, even if seen as predatory? Wasn't she talking about predatory brothers in other threads? Now she's not even female? Something took a turn and maybe I missed it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Hate?

That is a ridiculous conclusion

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I expected a better answer. Way to avoid my questions.

• TD
    TD

No hatred here. Young women are generally more cognizant of the ethical implications of sex than are young men, which is why I'm wondering where the OP is coming from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit