Ideas on covering id online?

by Ray Frankz 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

Guys, Ive wanted for long to start to express my thoughts about what I learned about the Org and the Bible altogether but I'm a PiMO. What suggestions do you have for me? I don't want to "get caught" for sharing "apostasy" and I think running a page on Facebook or Instagram is too easy for anyone to track me down. I also do not want to force my JW friends to listen to me, I just wanted to make my ideas available.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It wouldn't be hard to do if you're careful.

Open up a web based e-mail account just for opening your social media accounts.

Use an assumed name for your accounts.

Make sure you turn off all geo-tagging options on social media accounts.

Prior to posting anything ask yourself "Is there anything in the content of this post that would lead someone I know to believe that I posted this?"

Things like IP addresses are not available to the general public and are only available to law enforcement when the obtain a search warrant.

• carla
    carla

Years ago when I first came to this site and was not computer savvy at all, I actually found an ex jw because they posted a local road situation. They didn't post where (state, city or highway) just a general annoyance to the locals. I pm'd the person and they were kind enough to meet me for coffee! Haven't seen the person since as they have moved on re: jw things.

Just letting you know how a simple comment could lead someone to you.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

2 thoughts from a deep PIMO:

>Download and utilize a TOR browser for all your actions if you feel the need to alleviate extreme getting caught paranoia. You're still responsible for the content you post but it would be generally untraceable.

>Always log off any and all accounts you use. Including this forum. I used to be on this forum under a different alias and THE ONE FREKIN TIME I failed to click the Sign Out button was the night I took an elder call, walked onto my porch to have the private conversation, and my wife sat at my computer and opened the Trojan Horse.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

A second Facebook page would work, if you do, just make sure you create an e-mail just especially for it and use an assumed name. I do this, not for religious purposes, but the other is just to keep certain people from seeing what I have up.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Can I ask what is the difference between web based email and any other kind, and why would someone be able to trace on a non web based service. Also, am I right in thinking Google mail is web based?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i have 2 facebook a/cs..one in my real name with photos and another with a totally different name and no identifiable photos. i did have one--stan livedeath..but facebook deleted it--i can only guess some dub complained to facebook. i had 100's of ex dub friends on it.

i think some PIMOs can get a bit paranoid about being caught.

• oppostate
    oppostate

It used to be that email was downloaded from your service provider onto your computer. Then web mail came along where you log onto your service provider and read your mail online from his server, no downloading, email stays on the provider's server. And, yes, Gmail, Yahoo mail, hotmail, are web based email providers. Simply put, that's about it, minus the details.

• steve2
    steve2

Am I missing something in your OP? You're already expressing your thoughts etc on line.

You say, "I also do not want to force my JW friends to listen to me, I just wanted to make my ideas available."

However, that laudable aim (not wanting to force your JW friends to listen to you) is largely beyond your control. Even if you are super-discrete and make it clear you are simply sharing information, JWs will perceive your efforts as "forcing" your views on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit