Happy To Report

by ctrwtf 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

On my commute past 25 Columbia Heights, I noticed that the large 25'x25' Jworg sign has come down.

I'm sure the sentiments of the entire Brooklyn Heights neighborhood are something like, "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

• snowbird
    snowbird

I have kinfolk who live there, and that's just how they feel.

I remember visiting them in 1969 and being intrigued by the sign - five years later, I was suckered into WT domain.

Sylvia

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

ctrwtf - Just curious. Has the big red WATCHTOWER sign and clock been taken down yet? Thanks for the update.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Time and Temp are still there. Hard to say about the WT sign, they built some condos between the original building and the river. I'll look closer next time.....

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sorry.

Wrong sign.

Sylvia

• yoko N
    yoko N

Hello ctrwtf
    thank you for your post
    it sounds like a good news to me
    but I don’t understand the meaning of

"don't let the door hit you on the way out.”

because of my lack of knowledge of English
    Could you explain that for me, please?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don’t understand the meaning of "don't let the door hit you on the way out” because of my lack of knowledge of English.

It's a nicer (more polite) form of: "Don't let the door hit you in the ass." The implied suggestion is that person leaving should not hesitate or stop to reconsider leaving to prevent them from being struck by the door as it closes behind them. In reality there is no consideration for their safety, it is really telling them to get the hell out without hesitation. GO NOW! DON'T STOP! We're glad to see ya go!

Google is our friend:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/don%27t_let_the_door_hit_you_on_the_way_out

1. (idiomatic, sarcastic) Used to indicate that one is glad, or at least unmoved, to see someone leaving.
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Thanks DOC, Another phrase that came to mind was, "Do you like sex and travel? Then hit the F'n road!"

• freddo
    freddo

Don't let the door hit you on he way out mean I want you gone so get away from here fast as in don't dawdle or go so slow that the door (esp. a revolving one) would hit you as you leave.

E.g.

Teenager (stamping foot) : I hate this place I'm leaving!

Fed up parent (rolling eyes) : Bye, bye and don't let the door hit your rear end on the way out.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze
    Has the big red WATCHTOWER sign and clock been taken down yet?

No, not yet. If the plan hasn’t changed, it is supposed to be removed first week of April 2017, same week Warwick HQ opens to the public.

No idea what they're going to do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit