Very important notice hits JW boards

by expatbrit 18 Replies latest jw friends

• logical
    logical

Isnt Meekasu a Pokemon character?

• Lindy
    Lindy

"(some understandings have been changed, and quotations etc need updates.)"

Did ya get this guys? "Some" understandings have changed. Geeeez, the whole religion changed over the years! That's why they had to go back and change all the significant details in the reprints of the literature!
    What gets me is that they see the changes but don't even stop to think for one minute to question why the changes were made!

Imagine living for the "surprise" of the new releases! I can't believe I did that. I remember being dissapointed several times too. I think the thought of dragging around the new theocratic school book will be a dissapointment for many, but they have until 2003 to get used to the idea....and the idea that since the Society isn't expecting to publish a book that won't be used until 2003 and beyond, or it won't be worth their monies and efforts to publish it! Guess the new system ain't commin' soon guys! LOL

Auntie Lindy

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Immortal;

Excellent!!

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

You know, if someone were to tell me all about Star Wars Episode II, I would be angry. If you tell me what happens to Buffy in the season opener, I'll hunt you down and leave a shoe print on your buttocks.

But wanting to be surprised at the new lit.? Just a reminder that these people are the biggest dorks.

• Prisca
    Prisca

But who shot JR?

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

shhhhhhhh!!! (i did prisca, but don't tell anybody)
    [;0]

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh my god! You DID Prisca??? Wow.

God forbid we should run ahead of the organization especially because we will all be getting the same talks and books and lectures and browbeating just on different dates. The program was decided probably a year ago. God how stupid can these people be?!?!?!?

So I went to the assembly this week and my brother is going next week, but I can't tell him about the new book because I would be then running ahead of God's organization???? Barf!!!!

Slipnslidemaster: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

• Cautious
    Cautious

Logical -

I'll ask my son!

And how apt, a bunch of cartoon cutout puppets doing exactly what is in the script.

Love it
    Cautious

• Francois
    Francois

I poked around in that site for awhile. Man! Is there any danger of being cloyed to death?

Also noticed that the thread on Prince was closed by some holier-than-thou moderator.

Reminds me of an old saying, "The mind is like an umbrella, it only works when it's open."

ft

My $0.02

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit