Governing Buzzards - Part 5 - Do GB members love Glory?

by Amazing 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

PART 5 ? Do Governing Body Members love GLORY?

Upon my helping my family to leave the Watchtower religion, my then 20 year old daughter made this observation:

"The Society seems to constantly pat itself on the back for everything it does, and they seem almost proud and arrogant." She said this disturbed her in light of the fact that the Watch Tower Society always demands modesty and humility from the membership.

I did not jump on this and say, 'Wow kid, you are right, let's leave the organization now!' Rather, I said that I really appreciated her observation and never thought of it that way before. I told her that she made a good point that I am not sure how I could refute it. At the time, I just listened, and though I wanted to jump all over this and urge her to leave the religion ... I just listened, and let her absorb her own wise reasoning ... she got the clue all on her own.

A cornerstone of Watchtower-ism is the claim that they alone are the true HUMBLE servants of Jehovah, merely seeking to carry forth the Good News of the Kingdom, a paradise earth for all humans to enjoy life as God really intended in the first place. They are innocent proclaimers, being resisted by evil Satanic forces who seek to rob humanity of such Good News. They claim that Jehovah?s people everywhere reject worldly bids for glory and prominence, but humble themselves to serve God through his earthly visible organization. Certainly, these are high sounding words, and seem fitting of those who are unselfish, only seeking the betterment of others.

No one expects perfection. The Watchtower Society spends a considerable amount of time in their publications and public talks at Assemblies and Conventions to be sure that the rank and file JW understands that people are imperfect, even the various levels of leaders among them. This all done to help JWs accept the fact that at times that a Pioneer, a Ministerial Servant, an Elder, a Circuit Overseer, a District Overseer, etc. make mistakes that must either be overlooked ? or that is specific to that individual and not a reflection of the Organization as a whole.

While we understand that people are imperfect, however, we rightfully still expect the leaders of any group, even this religion, to be the chief examples of humility, as this is an important claim to fame among them. If a leader makes a serious error, he should be quick to own up to it, report himself, and seek to step aside from his position in order to address his iniquities, and humbly accept the counsel and restrictions placed upon him just as he may have placed on others. Historically, this has not been the case.

Russell and Rutherford: These two men are significant, because during their rule as foundation stones of the Watchtower, they singularly embodied the leadership, with virtual dictatorial powers, unlike the rule by committee prevalent in today?s Organization. Nevertheless, they represent to Jehovah?s Witnesses the men that Jehovah God selected to use, and lead his people early in the establishment of His Son?s Kingdom ? during the dark hours of World War I. Yet, both men were charged with serious violations of the standards in place at the time, (Standards of the time: Means that the cigar smoking Rutherford was not yet to be judged by the non-smoking policy enacted in the early 1970s)

For Russell, he was under scandal with his divorce, the terrible treatment of his wife as documented in court records ? and the allegations that he was having some kind of sexual contact with Rose Ball ? which led to him finally publishing a "damage control" article in the Watchtower magazine ? though he did somewhat address the issue by establishing stronger standards for the Bible Students, he himself never HUMBLY submitted to any censure or congregational discipline ? he appeared ?exempt? from that humble feature.

For Rutherford, he was more brash and arrogant ? certainly not any kind of HUMBLE person. But, Jehovah?s People are instructed to overlook such foibles and flaws ? a cigar smoking, drunken, power-mad, greedy man who lived much of the time at the mansion called Beth Sarim in San Diego, California ? or taking nice European trips and enjoying the night life ? yes, we must keep things in perspective ? but, one day he was formally charged by several Bethel staff for having attended a burlesque act in Europe ? on the day of Jesus Christ Memorial, the all-important celebration of the Anointed among the Bible Students! According to the book, Apocalypse Delayed by Jim Penton, Rutherford is reported to have refused to comply with any hearing, as he was too busy with the all-important work of writing new books for Kingdom publication. I see ? okay ... yep ... mmmmm

UPDATE: Here is the link that documents Joey's trist with the Burlesque act in Germany ... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/8064/1.ashx

What about the modern day Governing Body? This group emerged out of the former Board of Directors of the Watchtower Society. They ushered in a new era of not having a "one man" rule, but of having a group of Anointed men take the lead in this forward moving, progressive, light-getting-brighter organization. Certainly, after so many years of progression, learning, growth, and godly wisdom, by now, deep into this time of the end, these leaders must be of the most HUMBLE sort. One would expect such a fine result.

Karl Klein: This man served on the Governing Body for many years until his death not too long ago. He is sometimes used in the drawings of older generations of JWs shown on Watchtower or Awake! Magazines. He certainly stands out as an example. Yet, one day, while a friend of mine, serving as factory overseer, was visiting another Governing Body member, Karl Klein busted into the room with exciting news! My friend was standing back from the door and Karl did not see him standing there ?

Karl then proudly proclaimed, with his arms spread out high and above him:

?I did it, I finally did it ? I am now Chairman of the Governing Body.?

The Governing Body member sitting down looked disturbed, and his eyes signaled to Karl that someone else was in the room. Karl turned around and said, ?Oh.? The GB member sitting down also had a look of embarrassment as his looked at my friend. (PS: This sitting GB man is the same member who feels that the JWs have it all wrong and need to start over at Genesis 1:1.

[ Governing Buzzards - Part 2 - Do they ALL believe the JW religion? ]

Ted Jaracz: I do not know this man, other than what has been reported about him. All reports to date by various Bethel moles, and former Bethelites who know the man, have all stated to me, or in various articles, in no uncertain terms, that this man is on a power trip; eager to run the Governing Body ? he is reported to be singularly responsible for the appointments of all the recent additions to the Governing Body. Some have described him as a reincarnation of Joseph F. Rutherford. I guess only time will tell.

Albert Schroeder: This man was not known for being necessarily harsh, but he showed his true colors when dealing with another Governing Body member, Ray Franz. In the case of Ray Franz, there was no accusation of any serious wrongdoing ? rather a rumored suspicion of apostasy got out of control, and as reported in Crisis of Conscience, by Ray Franz. According to Ray, Albert Schroeder deceived him in order to try and trap him ? and eventually, participated in the forced resignation of Ray from the Governing Body. Humility, caring loving interest in a fellow Christian, a long time servant of Jehovah ? certainly seems lacking here.

The new members to the Governing Body? Only time will tell, but given their almost assured loyalty to their mentor and leader, Ted Jaracz, and some reports of them being very much ?organization men? in his same vein, one can only expect more of the same ? and certainly humility is not among those expectations.

The Governing Body as a whole? These men are collectively responsible for the current and past policies dealing with pedophile JWs ? even when that policy has been exposed as seriously flawed, and in fact a form of criminal negligence in some regions, what do these men do? And when some JW members bring this issue to their attention how do they get treated? ... w ith humble acceptance, appreciation for their love and concern for the children? Hardly. Many who have bravely forced this issue out in the open, even into the media, are now themselves either forcibly Disassociated or Disfellowshipped ? but the pedophiles still run loose in the organization.

Clearly, all of this does not exemplfly humility, but rather arrogance, love of marketing image, love of glory and power over and above any love of greater standards or any real concern for the needs of the most humble and vulnerable people ? the JW children who are victims of pedophiles. Oddly enough, instead of glory, they are getting a big black eye ? and if they persist in their cover up for the sake of their glory, they stand a good chance of being brought down very low. In all their 130 years of existence, the leaders of the JWs have yet to even learn the most basic qualities of Christianity - including humility.

Stay tuned for:

Part 6 ? Exposing the broken foundation of Russell-ism

Part 7 ? Rutherford?s secret mistress (information from a special guest)

And, more parts are on the way ...

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    one day he was formally charged by several Bethel staff for having attended a burlesque act in Europe ? on the day of Jesus Christ Memorial, the all-important celebration of the Anointed among the Bible Students! According to the book, Apocalypse Delayed by Jim Penton, Rutherford is reported to have refused to comply with any hearing, as he was too busy with the all-important work of writing new books for Kingdom publication.

Wow! This is a new one! Anything substantive to this, or is it just based on the ref to the Penton book?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Jesus I think this series is dynamite

• shotgun
    shotgun

Glory glory hallalujah....amen brother Jim.

For a minute I thought the holy spirit was active on me but it was only gas.

Good points..Amazing...I wish I could have read your exit plan before I revealed all to the wife.

• dustyb
    dustyb

thats another thing that got me. i've always viewed JW's as a bunch of self-righteous over-arrogant group of people. i always thought that they did a terrible job of preidcting the future too because i lived through 1994 (when the "generation" would see the conclusion of the system of things) =D i'm still here, they're still boasting.

"we're in here because we aren't all there" =D

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Captain,

Wow! This is a new one! Anything substantive to this, or is it just based on the ref to the Penton book?

Well, Penton did a good job of documenting his sources. So, if I get a chance, I will pull out his book, and find the point he made and then edit this to include the page references.

Also, this dovetails with a separate account I will be posting in Part 7 about Rutherford's mistress ... and a surprise guest to support that reference.

Jim W.

• truthtome
    truthtome

Amazing,

My my daughter quit attending the meetings at age 17. When I left the org when she was 25 she told me that the experience at bethel had changed her mind that this was God's organization. We were checking into the Standish hotel in Brooklyn as bethel guest and one of the GB walked up and started telling off the brother behind the counter. (Dan Sidlick) My daughter was floored by the hatefulness of the interchange and that was it for her.

truthtome

• Makena1
    Makena1

Jim - I have been catching up and enjoying your new series.

Excellent! Wish my dad was still around to share this with. He did his 4 years at Bethel, 1932-1936 I believe - maybe 150 or less in the entire Bethel family? He did his duty, but he always said it was one of the toughest 4 years of his life. Wish I would have probed him more when he was alive about those times.

All best,

Mak

• badboy
    badboy

Burlesque act?

What Burlesque act?

Fill my uninformed iminagetion in!

• sf
    sf
    These men are collectively responsible for the current and past policies dealing with pedophile JWs … even when that policy has been exposed as seriously flawed, and in fact a form of criminal negligence in some regions,

Policies too that are lethal to it's members and it's members INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO CANNOT GRASP THESE POLICIES yet are forced through fear tactics to accept them as "scripturally based" and as "food from Jehovah" (must be The Truth).

Next thing ya know, they are dead!

WT Leaders are simply murderers and are responsible for a lot of manslaughter too within it's membership.

When...will...the...insanity...of...this...criminally...corrupt...BOOK PUBLISHING/ MILITARY FUNDS FRONT...be... ****thoroughly**** exposed....and...held... accountable?

WHEN?

Thanks Jim. The series is a great read and an enlightening look into the men of the tower.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit