How has this board changed over the years?

by Strawberryfieldsforever 21 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Sassygirl:

well...maybe for me that is a good thing. Even with some restraints here I know I might at times say a little more than I should for some members.. Imagine if there was no restraints?

So far, I haven't noticed you saying anything all that bad. Maybe you should push the envelop? When you get banned try [email protected] Now that I think about it, restraints CAN be fun...

We don't have to imagine, there is a completely uncensored experiment going on right now tha

It is the source of MUCH consternation in the exJW community.

I was wondering, when did the change from being a JW board, to an xJW board pretty much occur? I do remember when it started and did sort of check it out in its beginning but I was a JW then and under the impression even then xJWs were posting so I didn't at that time join.

I wasn't around for the grand opening of JWD but from what I've read, it seems as if the transformation from JW to exJW was pretty much immediate. Seems like at most a couple of months if that.

I remember the Krispy Kremes and I think that I was one of the last posters to get one...

• Xena
    Xena

Nice to have our slippy back....I missed ya

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I remember the Krispy Kremes and I think that I was one of the last posters to get one...

This is because the board went low carb.

Heather

• Valis
    Valis

Not much has changed..except we have a lot of new users. People come and go for all kinds of reasons, we have the occassional dust up, plenty of good discussion and fun, plenty of parties, always making new friends, learning new things and talking about old ideas. For all the talk that things are so bad here I simply don't see it. Ah well, I'm just a stupid head anyway so don't mind me...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Excellent points Valis (but I won't say which ones)

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Valis, I understand that there is a position that has opened up at the Iraqi Ministry of Information...

• Valis
    Valis
    Valis, I understand that there is a position that has opened up at the Iraqi Ministry of Information...

slippy...it isn't that different. One thing that will always remain the same is that we'll have complainers around. Not people who want to make it better, or have real ideas about how to make it better, besides getting their way 100% of the time. It simply doesn't happen that way in RT and you know it. Maybe you are noticing things, but let me ask you this. What would you prefer? A wider variety of male and female moderators or maybe one or two? At least with more people involved a fairer more balanced mod situation can be worked towards. You of all people should know from your own exprience, although you had very few whinging aholes to deal with. You also know that when people play nice there isn't a problem plain and simple. Would you like being baited into this kind of topic by insults, attempts to discredit other forum assistants, and generally trying to create an air of dissention and mistrust? I doubt it. So slippy...can you please fed ex me a couple philly cheese steak sammiches and some fries? I'm waiting... Sincerely, District Overbeer

• kat2u
    kat2u

Sooo let me get this straight...If a person gets too uhmmm dirty mimded on here they can get banned? Is that when ive seen messages deleted? thats no fun!

• Valis
    Valis

kat2u it is rarely the naughty ones that get deleted...*LOL* If that were the case I would have been banned long ago...*LOL* Even the naughtiest people know how to say what they want to say and not be cause probs. No worries.

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• kat2u
    kat2u

whew thats good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit