Loyal Elders! Here's Your Future!

by metatron 10 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I will now predict the personal futures of countless
    loyal elders who secretly read this board.

In five to ten years, you will say to yourself:

"What was I thinking?"
    "Why didn't I spend more time with my wife?"
    "Why didn't I persue more time with that hobby I loved?"

and finally,

"Why did I wait so long to quit?"

I say this because the future trends are well in hand.
    Spiritual conditions in most congregations are going
    to get much worse. In addition, YOU WILL BE HELD LEGALLY
    RESPONSIBLE FOR MUCH OF WHAT IS DONE in the congregation.
    The Society is discreetly dumping LEGAL responsibility
    on LOCAL brothers. This is why the C.O.'s lecture you
    on being careful NOT to put certain things down on
    disfellowshipping forms sent to the Society - THEY DON'T
    WANT TO BE LIABLE! The privilege of that liability
    is YOURS, Brother!

I know an elder, a strong hardworking man who raised
    a family and is now retired. He recently attended
    a judicial meeting.

The other elders got uneasy when he started crying.

It just hit him during the meeting, how superficial
    the righteousness of countless Witnesses was. Double
    lives are common now. This isn't the organization
    he thought he was defending, all these years.

These tears will be in your eyes, too.
    You will know exactly how he felt.

In five to ten years, the average Witness will be
    no different than any other member of any religion.

Do you really want to go on "policing the congregation"
    with this trend accelerating? Is this the way you want
    to spend your evenings? your weekends?

Does it give you a deep sense of futility when
    anguished Witness parents call you suddenly to their
    house to "straighten out their kid" - and you realize
    that it won't make any difference? that the kid will
    run away or get df'd or both?

There's a hard rule in the stock market.
    "Don't fight the trend"
    It's good advice.

Don't spend the precious currency of your lifespan
    fighting a hopeless cause.
    Spend that time instead wife your wife and family.

Years, from now
    You won't regret it.

metatron

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

Metatron - Well said!

BEW

• joelbear
    joelbear

I agree meta,

Well said.

I have cried those tears, not as an elder, but as a pioneer and bethelite. As people can tell from my posts here, I am just not a good pretender, what you see it what you get, warts and all.

Seeing the double lives and double standards made me weep many times for the truth that simply was not.

hugs

Joel

• anglise
    anglise

I agree metatron,
    the nice ones will burn out if they dont get out.

But off course for those who love the power trip there is the promise of being 'chieftains' in the new system. LOL

• nojw86
    nojw86

So true , the good will burn out. Only the young are saying use me lord. Yeh right only its not the lord thats using them.

• somebody
    somebody

I agree too, metatron!

I'm trying to find the KM where the society tells everyone, from the PO's, CO's, DO's, right down to "publishers" not to give out the society's address out to ANYONE, but to give the local congregation's address out instead. I KNOW I read it in a publication published by the society! They are already planning on LEGALLY holding elders responsible for any lawsuits.

peace,
    somebody

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Nice post Metatron. I think it may hit very close to home for many. It did for me.

What you described was the same writing on the wall that I saw, and part of the reason I got out. Life is just to short to waste it by trying to shore up a losing proposition. And the WTS is losing, slowly but surely, until as you said:

“In five to ten years, the average Witness will be no different than any other member of any religion.”

I agree. So what was the point in shoveling sand against that tide?

One of the things I saw was that unlike some other denominations, the WTS will never change to accommodate the needs of its followers, or the demands of modern society. It is above all that, and barring a dramatic change in leadership (most unlikely), they will ride their current authority oriented mindset to its death.

Some of the problem is of course, that the WTS was never intended to be a long term, ongoing concern. It was always driven by the short-term forecast of Armageddon. Looking back now, I truly believe that the GB felt it could say and do anything, believing that Jehovah would bring the deaths of billions just to save them the embarrassment of ever having to face up to their many failed predictions, and the mis-guidance given their adherents.

In a few years from now the ranks of the elders will be populated, almost without exception, by men interested in nothing but power, and the opportunity to exploit their positions. It’s already becoming the norm, in my opinion. During my years in the org, I met many kind and well meaning men. They are in the minority now, and are being pushed out of office by the “new breed.”

You said: “Don't spend the precious currency of your lifespan fighting a hopeless cause. Spend that time instead wife your wife and family. Years, from now you won't regret it.”

Very good advice.

• sf
    sf

Dear Metatron,

Ya know, I've read all your posts since I can remember way back on old h20 as well. And I enjoy your mindseye. It's attractive.

Have you, as of yet, downloaded yahoo messenger voice chat? I would so enjoy chatting with you to gain more of Your insight into "things".
    It's a very simple download and lots of rooms to go to. Just look for any jw or EXjw related room or when you et it hooked up, just add me (wturls) to your "friends list"; when I come online, you'll know it...my name lights!! hahaha up "new light" ( venice).

Thank you for your insight thus far.

sKally (cut/paste FREAK klass)

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

This is part of the mindset that you need to leave behind:

:In five to ten years, the average Witness will be
    no different than any other member of any religion.

You're confusing 'religion' or maybe 'Christianity' with 'Watchtowerism' and the idea that 'if JWs are wrong then no religion is right' is hogwash.
    Real Christianity and the body of Christ exist in many denominations and independent churches.
    Rex

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Rex - welcome to the board.

Real Christianity and the body of Christ exist in many denominations and independent churches.

Although off topic, I'm looking forward to seeing you post proof in support of that statement.

Certainly Paul's words: ". . .that YOU should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among YOU, but that YOU may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought. . ."
    indicate to me that there may be a flaw in your supposition. This scripture always gave me pause for thought.

Enjoy your time here.

Copernicus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit