"The James Randi 1 Million Dollar Challenge Finally Terminated"

by unsure 16 Replies latest social current

• Village Idiot
  • Simon
    Simon

Randi absolutely showed up the frauds and charlatans for what they were, time and time again. The best was when his own plants using magic tricks were being touted by the "believers" as the real-deal ... until they admitted they were fakes. But it showed up how flawed the process of investigating them often was and how some of the monitors got carried away with the idea that they had discovered something.

He's getting on though and can't keep doing it forever.

BTW: I removed the nonsense post from your OP.

Incidentally, there's an interesting documentary about Randi on Netflix, worth watching.

• Village Idiot
  • Simon
  • unsure
    unsure
    BTW: I removed the nonsense post from your OP.

You mean the link within the post. Great thanks. Any chance of substituting the second link in my later post (from the sceptics site) and removing the quotes from the title? Or just removing the quotes from the subject title so it doesn't look like I'm quoting the defunct link?

I'll check out the Netflix documentary. Thanks for pointing it out.

• unsure
    unsure
    But then... how would his activity be supernatural or paranormal if simple nature (namely static electricity) could interrupt that?

The metaphysical is said to somehow interact with our physical world. Not sure how but that is what I've read.

Ie. Ghosts using electricity to manifest themselves.

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit