After death

by Willie647 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hey Willie647 and welcome. You are giving a good account of your young life and what you had to endure. I understand about alcoholic step fathers. Mine was 6'4 and mean when he drank. When I was sixteen he and his son mixed it up in the hall bathroom one evening right before I was heading off to the KH for a meeting. I ran in to break it up or make sure my step brother wasn't getting really hurt. Then before anyone realized I was in the middle of the fight as well..... it got bloody which ended the battle as the step dad couldn't handle seeing his own blood. Neither knew I was boxing after school......... Step brother gave me a hug. Step Dad asked me the next day what I hit him with so I held up my swollen fists. There was no more violence after that.

Step dad issues can violate one's home life...... I moved out at 17 and pioneered.

• Willie647
    Willie647

Giordano, that must have felt good. I married my second wife at 23- we are still together - and she had a 2 year daughter so I was a step child raising a step child. I spanked her exactly one time and it made me sick to my stomach. I never laid a hand to her again. I corrected her other ways. She turned out fine. I'm not one of the people who are so proud to have been spanked as adults. It didn't teach me anything except the bigger stronger one got his way. I learned to tolerate pain without making a sound,and he really didn't like that. Truthfully I always looked for an opportunity to hurt him or worse. I remember once on the job he was working on a big live panel with the steel cover leaning against the wall behind him. I quietly snuck over and pushed it over crashing it into the concrete floor. Big noise. He jumped and then just stood there for the longest time. The violence stopped around that time. I think he knew bad things were coming. I never did hurt him,thank god. It was better to just get out of there. Years later I saw him briefly and we argued and I said something that really pissed him off. He got that look on his face and came at me with those big steps and violence in his eye. I was about 25 then and in real shape. I smiled a little as I was going to enjoy this so much. He saw that stopped and deflated in front of me and got away. All of a sudden he was a much nicer little man. And I never touched him. I have no respect for a man that hits women and children but when faced with someone who can hit back runs. But you are right about drunken step fathers. They can make home life unbearable. And be an elder at the same time,teaching others how to live.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Wow. What a huge coward!
  • Cheeto
    Cheeto
    I was born in there. At 15 I was baptized. 1982. About 3 months after, I was raped on the way to school. My MS father went to the elders and wanted to know if he could still be a MS! The 3 elder committee met with me and blamed me for it happening, and of course wanting to know details! I did not want to explain things to 3 MEN, so I wad DF'D because they said I was hiding SOMETHING. So at 16, my parents wouldn't talk to me, or anyone else, and I was pregnant. I never went back! I had been told I was ruined and no one would want to marry me. How un-Christian I saw it was! Mean people! Phony Christians! Evil leaders that think one can only get to god through the GB! God went with me when I left! God is not there! God does not leave you when you leave the Kingdom Hall! Plus, after leaving, I got to know Jesus! I am so much happier! My only sadness is that my parents died in there and they never saw their grandkids because the GB said I was bad. I'm a grandma now, and we are still all here and even my kids are good people my parents never knew.
  • Willie647
    Willie647
    Cheeto, that's a hard start to a life,both yours and your baby's. But it sounds like you made it too. I believe as long as your spirit isn't broken,because you refuse to be broken,you will be alright. But there is something about elders wanting to believe the worst about someone that is really wrong and helps me see how truly evil this religion really is. And your family,like mine,it's their loss.
  • Willie647
    Willie647
    Pete Zhut, my jw wife and I stayed married almost 5 years but I lost that wife over working two jobs all the time. Those were hard days to make a living so I worked for electrical contractors during the day and stocked cans at a grocery store all night. 16 hours a day leaves only eight hours to sleep,shower,drive etc. Her mom died of cancer while we dated and her dad and older sisters were big time drinkers,I guess you could see that coming. She wasn't baptized and with no one pushing her she quit going. I provided a nice home,always had good food and 2 cars for us but was not home much to enjoy it. After a while she was hitting the clubs with her older sisters and then she was gone. I wasn't balanced at all in those days and had almost no social skills at all. But I could work and make money so that's how I survived her leaving and many other things. I was a huge neophyte in the world then. Not much call for public speaking in the world. But we had a corvette for me and a Mach one mustang for her and a expensive apartment to live in. Then she was gone. I've googled some and it looks like she never went back to the jws and has been married three or four times since. We have not been in contact since we split. In all fairness I wasn't an angel either. Everything was new to me then and the freedom was mind blowing. I got a Harley, did all the drugs of the day and drank a lot too. Made up for a lot of lost time. I didn't work two jobs anymore but never quit working hard. That is really what saved me. And I wanted all the toys and things I didn't have growing up. Good food,new clothes,cars motorcycles etc. I first became a journeyman electrician and then a Master Electrician by the age of 28. Very young to hold that license. I worked hard and took night classes so I could qualify and pass the test. My family had long since moved to Eastern Kentucky so they could serve where the need was greater so I had no contact at all. Life was good and fun. Worked hard and played hard. Concerts,motorcycle rides and camping with bike gangs,never joined but rode places with them a lot. Got a job working security at concerts with a promotion company and saw all the big bands of the time,high of course. Whoooo,what a time. Still had a lot of jw in me so I didn't get laid a lot.still treated girls like I might marry them and that wasn't cool. Dating was easy for me but sex was not. I think I was to serious too soon. Now I believe I fast tracked everything so I could get a life in before Armageddon came and killed me. I was driven. And always worked as much as possible. Then I decided to move south. I was living hard but missed my family so much and even my unfaithful wife. Lonely deep down I decided to move south so I could work my trade year around. In upstate we missed a lot of work in the winter.
  • karter
    karter

Welcome Willis647 I'm enjoying reading your story look forward to hearing more from you.

Karter from downunder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit