An old friend was all nice until she found out I was DF'd!!!

by Lynnie 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Well this is almost funny to me at this point. I've been out since I was 19 and I'm now 65. I have uber JW cousins that of course now shun me big time. Funny how when my uber JW started declining in health all of a sudden they "needed" me and I had to help with her care blah blah after being shunned for years.

My mom passed away a couple of years ago and I sent out the death/memorial announcements to her friends far and near. At that point I received a lovely note from "Jill' and she also sent some pictures of all of us and saying what great times we had. I then left the country for awhile and then decided to get back in touch with "Jill" since she was so nice etc and I really don't know how she couldn't have known that I was DF'd. So I got in touch with her via text since she had sent me her phone number in Santa Barbara the first time she reached out to me. Okay so I text and say hi and she's all nice and how are you etc? I responded back and said fine blah blah and the cousins are fine etc. Well I don't know who she talked to but now of course she has said "oh I just found out you 'left Jehovah" (god I hate that expression) and now you need to come back blah blah.

These people are so stupid that they can't figure out why anyone would "come back" after being so phoney to people. She was all wonderful and chatty until she talked to someone (no idea who since she's not in the Seattle area) and then of course she immediately went into cult mode. GAH!

• hoser
    hoser

You’ve been out for 45 years and the jw rumour mill hasn’t sent her a memo yet?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I got a letter from someone I know well who was pioneering recently. She wrote to everyone in my road, therefore I got a letter saying sorry she didn't know me but... she was recently widowed and... Covid... Isaiah... then she invited me to watch the convention.

I felt sorry for her because her husband had died and popped round with a bunch of flowers. She wouldn't talk to me or take the flowers because... I'm disfellowshipped. Haven't done anything wrong - I just said that the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar's rulership is followed by his 20th year of rulership not his 2nd.

I took the flowers home. They were really pretty and they lasted ages. Wonder if the GB sent her any flowers? Or cared to enquire about her well being?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I just said that the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar's rulership is followed by his 20th year of rulership not his 2nd.

As one does, lol. 😂

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat
    They really are stupid. Talking to a JW is like talking to a brick wall neither of which I am inclined to do.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's bonkers, isn't it!!?!

I was commenting to an on the edge Jobo that my life isn't going where I wanted it to and they said, 'it went down hill when you left the organisation.'

Organis.....what?? I wonder if they knew how stupid and actually offensive that sounded?

Well, while these people choose to remain in their mental prisons, they will be supercilious, pious and sanctimonious bigots.

Little do they realise they are just fodder and money for the drunken GB. Their loss, really.

• alanv
    alanv

I remember at my JWs son wedding, I shared a car with the JW photographer. We chatted and everything was fine. Then when we shared the same car later he was really standoffish and didnt want to talk. He had been told that I was an ex witness and that I now speak against the org lol

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Slimboy - ok I went a bit further and said I was certain that the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership was the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership.

Power-elder called me irrational for that one. I knew then it was time to go.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

They just don't realize how stupid they look when they do this shit. Talk about being stumbled!! And how they can turn it on and off like a light switch too. So very awful behavior.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If only they'd realise, the only reason all this exists is so that the corporation can thrive. Keep 'em in and keep the money and assets going to the GB. Why? For the GB, so they can continue with their rock star status and lifestyle.

I wish karma existed. Sadly, I see no evidence of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit