Proposed UN Resolution Would Effectively Ban Religion

by Garnet 5 Replies latest social current

• Garnet
    Garnet

This is a few days off the wire, but in case you haven't read it yet:

Proposed UN Resolution Would Effectively Ban Religion

A draft resolution which aims to secure global peace and stability at the expense of organized religion is today being submitted to the United Nations in New York.

NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) January 27, 2004 -- A draft resolution which aims to secure global peace and stability at the expense of organized religion is today being submitted to the United Nations in New York.

The resolution is being proposed by Antony Last, founder of formulism.org, a site which claims that freedom FROM religion would be of far greater benefit to mankind than freedom OF religion.

Freedom from Religion | Proposed UN Resolution / Charter Amendment | Version 1.1

WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS HEREBY VOW

* to save succeeding generations from the scourge of organized religion, a folly which has brought untold sorrow to mankind through the division, hatred and conflict it engenders, and

* to reaffirm an individual's right to freedom of belief, freedom of conscience and freedom of prayer, and

* to establish conditions under which these freedoms can be privately exercised.

AND FOR THESE ENDS WE UNDERTAKE

1. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the public expression of religious beliefs, including the use of symbols, clothing or markings which are synonymous with any currently or previously existing religions.

2. To outlaw, with immediate effect, public acts of worship or religious declaration.

3. To outlaw, with immediate effect, private gatherings of three or more people for the purposes of engaging in acts of worship or religious services.

4. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the publication of books, literature or articles which seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine.

5. To outlaw, after a period of amnesty, the personal ownership of books or materials which seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine. (Books of academic or social interest will be made freely available to schools, universities and public libraries).

6. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the celebration of religiously significant dates.

7. To begin, with immediate effect, the destruction or reassignment of predominantly religious buildings, such as churches, mosques and temples.

For further information, see:

http://www.formulism.org/news.html

United Nations Contact Information

Office of the Spokesman for the Secretary-General
    United Nations, S-378
    New York, NY 10017

Press/media inquiries only
    Tel. 212-963-7162
    Fax. 212-963-7055

All other inquiries to be addressed to (212) 963-4475 or [email protected]

• gumby
    gumby

There has been a thread on this already.

This is from an anti-religious movement which is simply...... a proposal. Many loonies propose things. I propose the government shuts down the WTBTS. That's about as far as I will get with my proposal.

Gumby

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

the UN should totally disbanned if they condone this sort of hogwash

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

The proposal is from a bunch of loonies who have a symbol like the Nazi Swastika...

and all the poor JW's around the world who are desperate for any indication that their own looney predictions may come true, have jumped on this proposal like a mob of rabid sheep....

Its pitiful!! The JW's are so desperate after all their predictions have turned to sh*t...

Pope

PS do sheep actually get rabies??

• cypher50
    cypher50

Sheesh, I didn't know that a proposal as silly as this would get so much attention...no country in the world would condone this anyway. I wonder if people out there actually believe that the UN would approve that resolution...

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

To clarify; anyone can call anything a draft UN resolution; the UN don;t have to have anything to do with it.

The press release posted is one example.

My draft UN resolution making it compulsory for women to wear things is another...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit