Re:Did /Do Elders enjoy power/control

by ladonna 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

Hi Seeker,

Please don't think this is a "get at elders" post. It isn't.

Yes, you are right, there were "some" good ones.....but not many in my experience.
    Pity you weren't around on the committee I was dragged before

I also appreciate the fact that males in the WTBTS were expected to move towards becoming an elder....to a degree you have brought out the issue of even 'men' being subjected to extreme mind manipulation.

Thankyou for the post.....I'm glad you are OUT!!!!

Kind Regards,
    Ana

• ladonna
    ladonna

Hi Ozzie,

I wrote this to Seeker, but will also repeat it to you....my post was not a "get elders" post.....much deeper than that.

I wanted to hear from all people, but elders in particular as they also were mind controlled into believing that that was the path they had to strive for......that is where I was hoping this post would head to as we do concentrate on the negative issues and elders are often bagged too much when in fact they were also victims.

Regards,
    Ana

• ladonna
    ladonna

Thankyou to all for your great input....

I was trying to reply to you all but I didn't realise how much post this topic would generate.

But every person who has replied has had extremely valid points and I would like to say a big thanks to all, and to all who may still post.

Love to all,
    Ana

ps...BEW....I agree with you and Bug totally on the subjection issue....thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit