Bless Me, For I Have Sinned

by snowbird 25 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've just finished eating a slice of delicious birthday cake!

Depart from me, for I am a sinful person.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Welcome to the club! Doesn't it feel tastier with guilt attached to it (or maybe with a rebellious feeling)?

• compound complex
  • blondie
    blondie

Was it chocolate?

It doesn't have to be a birthday for me to eat cake....have been making carrot cake lately.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

and what's wrong that? I wish I had a piece, my sweet tooth is calling me tonight, but don't have anything like ice cream or cake to satisfy it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Now I can post!

Vanilla.

Nothing wrong at all, Miss Shirley.

CoCo, thanks for the link; I learned something about food combining.

Sylvia

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It would be a sin to NOT eat cake. Also, you didn't share. I'll just eat your piece the next time I have some:)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The jokehovians declare it a sin to do anything that is the least little bit fun. Celebrating a birthday or holiday is one major example. Another is going on a real vacation trip (no boasting sessions or field circus) instead of going to their abomination of a headquarters or Israel missions. Or, suppose I spend money on a David Bowie record that could have been thrown away on the Worldwide Damnation Fund. That would be regarded as a horrible sin, too--if children have to throw away their ice cream money, adults that like David Bowie or Billy Idol are not supposed to buy their music and enjoy it.

Not to mention, I went online the last time they smashed silver prices and bought several one-ounce silver coins. With money that was supposed to be placed in the Worldwide Damnation Fund. When the silver came, I kept it instead of throwing those coins into that fund. To them, that is just as evil--true, you might not be directly committing a "sin" as with a birthday. But, you are "stealing" from joke-hova by buying silver for yourself with money you could have placed in the Worldwide Damnation Fund. You are also defying the hounders, who could hound you once for doing that (even if they don't mention the stealing part), and then call it "brazen conduct" next time you get more silver instead of making a Worldwide Damnation Fund donation.

Whether you enjoy your birthday party with a cake or use your funds to prepare for hyperinflation, you get the use of it. You enjoy it now, or you enjoy it later. And you deprive joke-hova of the funds--which is one of the reasons why celebrating a birthday (along with the time not wasted in field circus) is a "sin".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Did anyone get their head cut off because of this birthday cake incident?

• freddo
    freddo

Stuck said: "Did anyone get their head cut off because of this birthday cake incident?"

Heads will certainly roll when the local elders get on the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit