2018 Convention :The Cry for "Peace & Security"

by jwdoctrine 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jwdoctrine
    jwdoctrine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZsK2K9y7qs&t=835s

The talk of the cry for "Peace & Security" from the Sunday morning program

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Oh man, I might start going back to the conventions. Sit somewhere in the corner and gently laugh

• jws
    jws

I remember when the UN was going to declare 1986 the year of peace. And that was going to be the cry of peace and security. 1986. 32 years ago. And we all thought that fits so perfectly. That must be it.

32 years ago. Almost 1/3 of a century ago. Yup. And when they say "any minute now" a newborn can grow old and die.

• freddo
    freddo

I remember that jws. (Bold added by me but italics are in the original text)

*** tp chap. 7 p. 85 pars. 30-31 When Will the Foretold World Destruction Come? ***

30 Yet one more event will come as an unmistakable signal that world destruction is imminent. Of this the apostle Paul wrote: โ€œJehovahโ€™s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. Whenever it is that they are saying: โ€˜Peace and security!โ€™ then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them . . . and they will by no means escape.โ€โ€”1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3; Luke 21:34, 35.

31 The worldโ€™s leaders know that a nuclear war means virtual extinction. Also, critical problems such as pollution, the population explosion, and domestic problems demand attention and money. So they want to relax the strained international relations. An evidence of this is the proclamation by the United Nations of 1986 as the โ€˜international year of peace and security.โ€™ This, no doubt, is a step toward the fulfillment of Paulโ€™s above-quoted words. Of course, political negotiations and treaties are not making any real changes in people to cause them to love one another. They are not putting a stop to crime, nor are they eliminating disease and death. Yet the prophecy shows that the time will come when the nations will declare that they have achieved a measure of โ€œpeace and security.โ€ When that happens, then โ€œsudden destructionโ€ will come โ€œinstantlyโ€ upon those misleaders of mankind, along with all who put their trust in them.

• blownaway
    blownaway

I need no doze to watch this

• Half banana
    Half banana

Firstly remember that the Bible is the world's most unreliable forecaster of events and sharing the prize equally in first place is the JW Organisation.

Secondly that what it says is always ambiguous, exactly like all popular prophetic utterances such as those by Nostradamus and Mother Shipton etc, its holy baloney.

Thirdly humans are so perverse by nature that conspicuous "peace and security" as a sign for "the end" is not likely to happen for many generations yet--not before mankind grows up and dispenses with religious holy texts as a guide for organising themselves. Religious dogma is at present the greatest threat to peace!

For JW cult members, they will now be focussing on "peace and security" utterances in the press and on TV and looking for signs instead of getting a proper and fulfilling life...........spare us!

(Sorry I couldn't bring myself to watch the convention video, it might make me ill.)

• jwdoctrine
    jwdoctrine

I found the videos related to its talk completely unrelated, what do you think? The cry for Peace & Security can that boil down to you now signing a form that will help your business not go out of business? Mind-bending!

• minimus
    minimus

They dig out that same talk every so often. They are very credible!๐Ÿ˜

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I couldn't agree more half banana with your sentiment at the end- unfortunately I watched them and came to the exact reasonable conclusion as jw doctrine- and how does preparing for Babylon the great being destroyed having anything to do with this totally paranoid everyone in the store is out to get me to wear this rainbow bracelet dramatization?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I need No-Doze to watch this

If this is the best they can pull from the pool of speakers, there truly is a "brain-drain" going on. This guy would never have "made the cut" on our Circus Assembly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit