Morris has JW's CLAP for child that died from "NO BLOOD"

by wifibandit 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I wonder how many parents in the audience looked at their children sitting next to them and said NFW!

From what I have seen and heard and experienced, I don't think that this is the case. refusal of blood and its big 4 components is so ingrained in their psyche that it is a "given" that they just do not take it, Thankfully I have never come across a case with a child but several adult dubs of my acquaintance have faced the issue with a total resolute determination.(none of them died)

I think parents just blank out the possibility and pray that the worst never happens. If it should,and the State allows them to withhold...withhold they would!

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

Smarmy little man, that Morris. How easy for him to stand up there, healthy and alive, and pontificate about Josh providing "a good example of faith in the face of incredible stress and "persecution". What was the persecution? The doctors were trying to convince him to save his own life with necessary medical treatment, as they would be expected to do. And that's "persecution"?

What's really persecution is the coercion that goes into this whole "choice" of refusing blood. They'd be up for persecution from their own cult, even their own family. Persecution in the form of being looked down upon as weak. Maybe even disfellowshipping. Would they DF someone over making the choice to live?

• Ame SF
    Ame SF

I am honestly in pure shock and on the verge of crying.

Before I had took the time to really dig deep into the WT teachings, I probably would've nodded my head and clapped as well to that talk. (Indoctrination and brain washing made me like that over the years)

But now, just listening to the people in the audience clap makes me pity them so much.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Doctors wanting to save his life is "persecution"? Only in the JW world!

• Landy
    Landy

In the UK, if a minor with JW parents looks like he might be in the situation where he needs blood then the doctors would have a court order in place quicker than the patents could say 'Liaision commitee'.

Thankfully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit