by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Religion is a snare and a racket!
  • Wakanda
    Wakanda

Thank you Zing.

I also found it appalling when you listen closely to M. Stephen Lettus take your money in 2015. He said something like "in this coming year we have predicted....there is more money going out than going in...for this particular time"

I think I'm right about the tense change too. Deceptive, and bad english if true.

No mention of the possible 2 billion in the bank.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Donating to jesus or joke-hova is never a good idea. But, especially now. Back a few years ago, I would put my donation money into silver. With the silver shortage we have now, doing that is nigh impossible (and, with the uncertainty of my work, or whether they are going to take my stimulus money out of my check as I have seen reports of people being coerced into signing this money away, this is not advisable right now). Instead, now I am putting money into basic food and supplies for the potential for 6 months of shortages or lockdowns.

And, with that prospect ahead, I feel it especially dumb to be donating to jesus or joke-hova now. While a supermarket job is more secure than many others right now, a total lock down would end even that. I would rather have enough saved for my rent and utilities than waste it on any church. And many people are in far worse shape than I am, because they did nothing to prepare for this in January or February. They wouldn't last more than 3 days, let alone the 6 months this could last (or even the 2 weeks they are urged to prep for at this time).

That in mind, I think it is a horrible thing for religions to be hounding people to donate money at this time. If their god is the source of all wealth, then let that thing donate. People hounding people to donate at a time like this are effectively robbers. They are robbing the flock. I can't recall even one time when jesus or joke-hova actually saved anyone from destitution that put faith in that thing. Not even one.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I donated the other day! Yes sir I went down to the blood bank and donated!

just saying!

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

No different than people funding themselves on Patreon for “content”. Are the “leaders” of this whole exJW thing telling their followers to hold off on the donations for now?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

There was letter sent to all congs about the setting up of zoom thing for their meetings and one of them did mention that "we shall let you know about donations later". I suppose someone can upload the specific letter. I will see if I have it .

So the money is coming soon/ just round the corner....

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit