What makes you happy?

by Celtic 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

What makes you happy and what hobbies and / or interests do you have? What are your dreams and aspirations and ideally what would you like to do with your life given the chance? How far along are you in delivering upon your objectives? What simple behaviour models have you used that proved most beneficial in your personal healing and recovery and what tips can you pass onto others?

Further. If one could define an emotion behind this board overall, what keywords decribe the community feeling here, now in real time?

In friendly encouragement all round.

peace

Celtic

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

What makes me happy??? Talking to friends, helping people. It's waaay to late to answer all the questions.

If I could define an emotion that would fit this board??? well I think that would depend on each person, we all get and give something differnt to this place, which is why it's as wonderful as it is. The word I would use is 'SUPPORT', it gives us comfort, companionship, humor, and stregth! At least it does for me, that's why I love it here and soo many of the folks I've gotten to know.

I think the thing to remember is to just accept the people for what they are don't expect too much, or underestimate us either. That's not just for you M2 but for everyone that's here at this board.

I luv ya all!!!! Each and every crazy one of you!!!

Ven

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

What makes me happy?
    Thats an interesting post.
    Blasting down the road to work to get in early to a job that pays more money than I ever thought I could make.
    Enjoying every minute of it when I get there.
    The genuine respect you only get from "worldly" people.
    That first time you see a smile on a child's face ( or 3 in the case of my adopted nephew and neices ) on christmas morning. Ok, smile is not it. How about unbridled joy? If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand.
    That first real relationship? Even if it ended badly (as in my case) your first night together?
    The first night in a bar?
    The first hangover? (ha ha)
    Motorcycles.
    Skinnydipping.
    Concerts.
    Parties.
    Your true friends are the ones who hold your hair up so it won't get wet in the toilet when you are throwing up.
    Seeing old friends from school and suddenly the jw wall isn't there anymore and finding out they were real friends all along.
    My friend, I've found what I was looking for.
    mike.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

What makes me happy?
    Thats an interesting post.
    Blasting down the road to work to get in early to a job that pays more money than I ever thought I could make.
    Enjoying every minute of it when I get there.
    The genuine respect you only get from "worldly" people.
    That first time you see a smile on a child's face ( or 3 in the case of my adopted nephew and neices ) on christmas morning. Ok, smile is not it. How about unbridled joy? If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand.
    That first real relationship? Even if it ended badly (as in my case) your first night together?
    The first night in a bar?
    The first hangover? (ha ha)
    Motorcycles.
    Skinnydipping.
    Concerts.
    Parties.
    Your true friends are the ones who hold your hair up so it won't get wet in the toilet when you are throwing up.
    Seeing old friends from school and suddenly the jw wall isn't there anymore and finding out they were real friends all along.
    My friend, I've found what I was looking for.
    mike.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Happiness is.....a room full of happy, slightly buzzed folks jammin to ME, as I spin my turntables with hot, soulful, thumping underground music(yes, REAL DJ's STILL use records).
    Also, the smiles and giggles of a small child~~~~~> Priceless!!!

A word for this board??? DIVERSITY, RESPECT, COMMUNITY. Ok, so thats 3 words, but higher edjumacation was discouraged when i wuz growin up.

LoL,
    Boozy

• Ripley
    Ripley

Happiness equals:

Listening to and trusting in my own inner voice -
    Loving the people I want to love -
    Suddenly discovering I don't need anyones 'guidance' to make me happy -
    Knowing its okay to be angry -
    Feeling True joy for the first time in my life - because I am alive -

And last but not least:
    When the elders make their yearly visit to see if I've come to my senses - telling them, respectfully, that I am more than happy to stand before (my higher power; god; whatever) alone and unaided - I do not need any organisation to do so for me - that in fact I would prever to stand alone in the quiet of the Universe, my failures and successes mine alone.
    And seeing in their blank faces no answer sufficient to prove me wrong.
    This was the most liberating experience ever.

Keywords for the messageboard: Understanding & Acceptance

• Flip
    Flip
    …What simple behaviour models have you used that proved most beneficial in your personal healing and recovery…

“A farmer might legitimately, in the process of growing grain to feed a village, mow down every stalk in an entire wheat field, but walking to his home at the end of the day, that same farmer, a stick in his hand, ought not idly to cut the head from a single stalk of wheat.

I know of no higher or more practical concept as an approach to life. It asserts one’s obligation to respect all living things, human, animal, and vegetable. Our failure to do this has – on the eve of the twenty-first century – brought us to where life on earth is in increasing jeopardy and we and our world are in danger of self-destruction – not some day in the dim mists of a distant future but, very possibly, within the next two hundred years.”

Albert Schweitzer.

Mankind has given thousands of organized religions (including Christianity) thousands of years to prove their worth, to no avail. Is it not time for humanity to grow up and wipe the dust from our feet and try something less expensive?

If a religion fell in the forest, and no one was there to adhere to it, is it still a religion even if the rocks cry out?

Flip

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What makes you happy

Breathing and waking up each morning.

: and what hobbies and / or interests do you have?

Playing piano and learning all I can learn.

: What are your dreams and aspirations

Breathing and waking up each morning. See above.

:... and ideally what would you like to do with your life given the chance?

: How far along are you in delivering upon your objectives?

I'm still breathing and waking up each morning.

: What simple behaviour models have you used that proved most beneficial in your personal healing and recovery and what tips can you pass onto others?

: Further. If one could define an emotion behind this board overall, what keywords decribe the community feeling here, now in real time?

Fuck off! (just joking, pedant!) I'm sick of tests! I just keep breathing and waking up each morning.

How's that?

Farkel
    Terse Class

• logical
    logical

nothing really

• Celtic
    Celtic

I wasn't aware it was a test, just genuine interest, go f...off yourself.

Keep smiling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit