How big was your book bag?

by 2escaped lifers 15 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I'll tell you that I'm a real trend setter. Years ago I always kept a very thin and lean book bag only carrrying the bare essentials. I even at times went in service with only a bible and some magazines in my pockets. Yet my Father would yell at me telling me I needed a book bag filled with books.

Now I hear from daddy dearest that the "society" wants the members to go in service with as little stuff with them.

• gumby
    gumby

I had the "Elder Bag".

You know,.....that bigass bookbag you could carry a small prisoner child in with combination locks on it? A christian really needed locks on his bookbag ya know.........somebody might see all the "smut elder notes" you had.

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    A christian really needed locks on his bookbag ya know.........somebody might see all the "smut elder notes" you had.Gumby

This is just too funny. Care to share any goodies with us?

Haven't they smartened up and started carrying those pull along ones that work like modern suitcases everyone including me pulls through the airports of our fair nation and beyond?

Remember the old Stoops Manufacturing Catalogue? Did your eyes fill with magic and wonder when you looked through it and picked out your service gear and accessories?

My sister in law and I wondered when Stoops would come up with a pocket cattle prod. We could have used it to keep our husbands from snoring at the meetings, a mini stun gun so to speak. We had all sorts of neat and very groovy ideas for products we could invent and sell to Stoops. And well even for the KH.

Heather

• gumby
    gumby

Hey FHN,

Wasn't stoops a witness ran buisness? I don't remember.

I remember a catalog with nothing but service gear in it. Little metal house to house record holders....I still have one.

As for sharing smut......I had a lot to share in my hall. My bookbag had a place in it for various problems that were going on, and my notes that went with the problem. My hall had one tooth, redneck, billybob, hillbilly type of people in it.........you wouldn't want me to share the details.

Gumby

• Xena
    Xena
    It's like a status symbol

Was that phallus symbol you meant to say there???

I think the "brothers" had the huge bookbags so they had an excuse to snag the end seats....letting the nursing mothers and women with kids sit in the middle...so they could give them dirty looks when they had to wade over them to get to the bathrooms. It's just another control thing..

• Latte
    Latte

A pioneer friend of mine, was alway's ready, and equipped, with almost everybook the JW's published. Needless to say that her ministry bag was HEAVY!! The shoulder part of one side of her coat was alway's worn smooth. I heard that she now has back problems, and is limited in the type of employment she can take.

Wonder who told her to take so many books whilst walking the streets?? She usually had no car....

She is a lovely person...just doing as she was told.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit