Watchtower on the UN's Website

by Smyler 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Smyler
    Smyler

http://web.archive.org/web/20011124135827/www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirReg/reg0C605.HTM Aug 22 2001

http://web.archive.org/web/20011124135827/www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirReg/reg0C605.HTM June 30 2001

http://web.archive.org/web/20011124135827/www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirReg/reg0C605.HTM Sept 21 2001

When I read the thread about writing letters to the UN to put information on their website, I did my own apostate research on web.archive.org. Archive.org archives most websites back to 1996, even this one! And well, I randomally clicked on some dates that were cached, and looked in the NGO directory and look! the Watchtower!

When looking at those links, give a minute for them to load up, and then go down the list to find Watchtower or to find it faster, press Ctrl + F and type Watchtower, then Enter

After supper, which is now, I'll look some more to how far back and forward you can find the Watchtower in the directories.

smyler

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Good stuff, Smyler!

It's a pity the page doesn't have the UN logo. Still, anyone who knows how to read URLs can tell that the info comes from the UN.

Glad you found that!

• Smyler
    Smyler

UN.org IS the official website. If you go to archive.org, and search up un.org, and click on one of those dates, go the NGO section, you will get that list

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I know, Smyler, I know. My point is that it might not be obvious to a JW if you just sent them that link, unless they know how to read URLs (in which case they can see that 'un.org' is in the URL).

I think it's a great find! Hope it didn't sound like I was knocking it, sorry.

• Smyler
    Smyler

Sorry Euph, I guess I must have read your post wrong!

smyler

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

Wonder what the category "DPI" in the chart means? Anybody know?

• logansrun
    logansrun

The information provided is all anyone needs. Those who want the UN take make a bigger issue of the WTs involvement are living with their head in the clouds.

Bradley

• Smyler
    Smyler
    Wonder what the category "DPI" in the chart means? Anybody know?

DPI means Dept of Public Information

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Smyler,

This is excellent.

Joe,

DPI stands for Department of Public Information, a department of the UN. That is the division of the Un that the WT joined, as an NGO.

Jst2laws

• sf
    sf

Data Retrieval Failure.

We're sorry. We were unable to retrieve the requested data. We may be experiencing technical difficulties and suggest that you try again later.
    See the FAQs for more info and help, or contact us.

Respectfully, please copy and paste the actual page next time, if possible. That way even though WT and it's Klones/ Klowns ( i love you tom) try to act 'as if' the page (info) never existed in the first place (i.e. nasty, deceptive apostates), the pages vital info will still be available somewhere in text, verbatim.

Incidently, is that still possible? Did someone capture the pages content and save it? Can I view it?

Thank you and sincerely, sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit