OPERATION of & Sin Against the Holy Spirit!

by Amazing 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings All,
    (((((((((hadenuff)))))))))) hey!

The only spirits they have come out of a bottle. My thought,Tina

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Tina:

I burst out laughing when I read your post. And yes, I’ve had the same thought myself, once or twice.

But I did very much enjoy the responses to this thread.

Orangeblossom said:

“I lived most of my life filled with guilt, not for having some secret sin, but because I was not living up to the standards of the WTS. I use to look around at others in the hall and wonder how they could do it but not me. Anyway, once I read "Crisis of Conscience", the guilt left. But, I have to be honest, a void entered my life as well.”

My experience exactly after reading C of C! And it was the “void” you mentioned that I was referring to in my original post. I even thought of describing it that way myself.

Quester said:

“It is hard to put into words. Yes some people describe God's presence as love, peace--yet it
    is not the normal love, peace feelings. Words are really inadequate to describe it.”

Yes, it IS hard to put into words, but I see you knew exactly what I was talking about. Could shared experiences like this prove that more is going on that an over active imagination?

Proplog2 said:

“The really scary thing is that JW's are governed by men who believe the feeling they experience really is some special anointing. If there really is a God, would he allow the only evidence of his special choice to be something so abstract and similar to psychosis?”

Yes, it IS scary isn’t it? Especially since that “feeling” that guides them so often takes them in the WRONG direction – to the detriment of many.

But what I wanted to say to Tina was that many of us need something more in our lives then is available from conventional means. That’s what drives these religious quests. My favorite book in the bible has always been Ecclesiastes – as it’s one of the few that I find real human feelings in, feelings that we all can identify with and that transcends time and circumstance. Like Solomon, we’ve all wrestled with the question of a purpose in life. What conclusion are we to come to that is adequately satisfying? Maybe there isn’t one. But what was described by some of the posters here was the sense of something larger then ourselves, something outside of our immediate existence, that served, if only for a brief period, to quell that inner turmoil that questions the futility of it all.

I enjoyed everyone’s thoughts very much.

Copernicus

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Greetings Quester and welcome

You mentioned your experience of holy spirit and then said after a while you felt you could no longer progress and felt stifled.

As I too experienced something similar, these scriptures many help.

GALATIANS 4
    GALATIANS 5:1
    2CORINTHIANS 6:16-18
    REVELATIAN 18:4
    MATTHEW 23:10
    JOHN 10

That may a world of diffeence to me

May you have peace
    A fellow slave

JUST A MOM (Kim)

• Victor_E
    Victor_E

Is there Holy Spirit, and if it exists what does it do? A Buddhist would say that there is energy called prana and an Asian would say that it is ki or chi. A physicist would say that all matter is energy. A healer would call this energy Reiki. The mystics say that all thought we create turns into matter, thus making us co-creators. Psychologists and philosophers thus say that we become what we think about.

As a JW I felt at different times a flow of energy in me while conducting JW activities. One day I was in service in this remote South Texas small town and my pioneer partner and I called on an old lady that I proceeded to explain to her the true meaning of the Lord’s Prayer. She felt a deep satisfaction and gratitude at my “absolute truth”. This experience produced in me a transcendent state. With great experience and understanding I know I was the cause of that feeling through my programmed beliefs of a JW. I felt so moved that I even wrote the society to share my experience.

The factors that made me feel that state were:
    1. I was in great need of feeling that what I was doing was not in vain, since I was struggling financially in this God forsaken dusty town.
    2. My own mental, spiritual and emotional state was a vacuum.
    3. I believed and felt that I had been specially sent to bring this knowledge to this woman so she could now die in peace, giving her hope of a resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit