The un-written "Grey Book of Un-Official JW Rules"

by Rabbit 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Momofmany:

Then same brother married a girl who was not in the "truth." When others from our old cong. see him, they literally turn their back on him. Of course he taps them on the shoulder says hi, and walks away laughing. (wish I had his guts)

My one sister was never baptized, but she married out of the "truth" also. They used to tell my mom, well you have other children

Can you feel the love...? Was there any 'official' action taken before they started shunning him and did they ever take action JUST because of 'who' he married? I wish I had his guts, too.

"Well...you have other children...???" Damn...how did your Mom react ? That has got to be one of the most callous, un-loving thing someone could ever say to a parent. ((((((( *sigh* )))))))

SingingMan - I had not heard that you HAD to be married in the KH, only all the rules & resrictions if you wanted to be married there.

DIM - Yeah, HAIR again. What a crock...I used to understand why you should look clean & groomed, but, even then if it did not meet the 'level' the local gang of Elders wanted...'it was their way or the highway'. No two door cars...??? You gotta be kiddin', I guess I missed the scripture ref. on that one !

Come on give us more wierd 'Grey Rules' ya' know ya' got 'em...!

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Yes Rabbit, I do feel the love. My Mom keeps saying, as long as they are alive, there is hope. The witnesses are right no matter what. She loves God more than us, and she tells us that. He gave us life, and we need to love him too. She worries about all of us kids and her grandkids. I was the last to leave.

I forgot about the two door car thing. I remember buying my 1976 Potnitac Grand Prix. It was only $300 and it was all I could afford. Anyway, long story. Thanks for the remind.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Momofmany sez:

Yes Rabbit, I do feel the love. My Mom keeps saying, as long as they are alive, there is hope. The witnesses are right no matter what. She loves God more than us...

I think you do feel the real love, because you show it in your pain and concern for your children and others. That is Love...

I don't think your Mom REALLY loves God more...it seems she's just very mis-guided on her priorities, not surprising when she's believed in the WatchTower's "truths"for so long. You know how it is and what was expected of us. You just don't question the Governing Body's decisions.

"Absolute Power, corrupts absolutely..."

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Here' another. When at a witness get together, my girlfriend and I (both FT pioneers) were stopped by another sister as we were preparing to caravan over to a restaurant with a bunch of JW's - she knew us and announced that SHE would be our chapperone for the drive over and beyond -- we were both 23 years old !

So. lets finally write down this un-written book...need more 'Grey Rules'

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Good old un-written JW grey rule:

• Do not purchase or contribute any items to orgs like Salvation Army or Good Will stores. They're Satan's false religious organizations and shouldn't contribute to their riches.
    • Do not purchase any items from second-hand stores or yard sales. Those items might bring demons into your home.

DY

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Doubtfully yours: Do not purchase any items from second-hand stores or yard sales. Those items might bring demons into your home. Good one !

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was at a garage sale once and bought this vhs movie I was all excited to get... the sister I was with told me not to buy it because she saw other 'questionable' items.... that I might bring in demons...

I bought the movie any way.. Later she told me she was kidding just to see what I would do

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

No yoga

No tai chi or martial arts

• jgnat
    jgnat

Only fill the napkin dispenser in the women's washroom a quarter-full. Similarly, print notices above the taps to conserve on water. This may be a local anomaly, but I believe this is done to teach the women economy and resourcefulness.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

You'd have to throw away or not accept things:

from Disfellowshiped/ Disassociated ones

and of course from one of those 'Apostates' that were demonized

?? How many knew of or had a relative that was demonized or at least slanted that way ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit