I need a little help

by Darryl 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Hi, I am only adding some stuff that I found about "heaven".

Whereas in the old ancient world view where people thought happings in heaven had impact to happening on earth and viceversa and the dwelling of God was imagened to be in the most upper sphere and perhaps you could easily climb a ladder up to heaven like Jacob did, or that God dwelled in the temples on earth, nowadays and after centuries of reinterpretation the church says that HEAVEN is only a feeling in your heart the state of beatitute, especially the beatitude of recognizing the divine, true, unlimited, undestructable life, mercy and glory and yes also the threefold "holiness" of god.

Living without beatiude of gods love is living like "outside heaven". so heaven is understood today only as illustrative word for blessings in communion with god and not only a as location where people exist in the afterlife. Likewise the hell is understood today by the church not as place or location but as the opposite situation to heaven, where people dont have the blessings of love and mercy.

Very interesting is that the church teaches that we can have the heaven in our heart, because we have Jesus in our hearts. Jesus is our way to heaven. You have heard all these texts of Jesus, If i read them again I understand that the blessings of HEAVEN are available alread now and not yet after death. Many pictures in the bible tell us about that we are already children of heaven and that heaven is the encounter of god, god himself, the presence of god in us, his dwelling in our hearts, the experience all believers make. Jesus said that the heaven is something very easy.

"I am the way" to heaven,
    "I am the door" to enter the mercy and glory of the fathershouse,
    "I am the eternal life" that you long for and look after, i give it to you,
    "I am the bread of the HEAVEN", that strengthens you on your way.
    "I am the word" that god speaks to your heart
    "I am the light" that enlightens you, so that you find the way.
    "I am the truth" that you are looking for.
  • Landy
    Landy

Maybe instead of searching for certainties, just accept that not being totally sure is ok as well.

Life is short and we're only here once. Enjoy it.

• jhine
    jhine

Faye's comments are very good . It is possible that you are being confused by JW teaching about the Trinity , much of which is skewed interpretation or just not true . Their assertion that the Trinity doctrine was " invented " at the Council of Nicea isn't right . Try Googling Trinity and Early Church Fathers , you will find a lot of reading .

Also it does it is wise to avoid people like the Witnesses who do claim to have all the answers and then make you conform to those answers . We must always be questioning and learning .

Jan

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I recommend that you start with what you CAN see - and go with science (they are experts, after all) - and go from there. You might find yourself far less religious when you are done with that journey.

Research the accuracy and validity of the flood account against what historians say

Research the accuracy and validity of the teaching that we all came from ONE human set of parents (Adam and Eve - spoiler alert....WE DIDN'T)

Research the accuracy and validity of all languages stemming from the debacle that was the Tower of Babel - you get the idea...then go back to the "Is God and Jesus the same?" argument and you may find yourself WAY past that waste of time :)

• Londo111
    Londo111

It's been my experience (based on observing and attending various churches in mainline Protestantism) that in most places, there is a diversity of views and generally people are free to hold to their individual view, even if it different than the official church or denominational creed. I've seen differing views voiced and nobody sweats it. In general, people aren't too hung up on doctrine.

The motto seems to be: In essentials unity, In non-essentials liberty, in all things love.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Londo, exactly. A good church doesn't scream that they have all the answers and are the only one that can save people (that's a cult...fascist like Donald Trump ;)). A good church accepts people with different views. In mine, most believe in evolution, there might be some that take the bible more literally in some spots than others, and it really isn't a big deal.

• jhine
    jhine

The motto seems to be: In essentials unity, In non-essentials liberty, in all things love.

l love that Londo .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit