Comments You Will Not Hear at the 2-1-04 WT Study

by blondie 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Another silly 'cry wolf' meeting I did not attend.

I never attend those 'doom & gloom' meetings anymore.

DY

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

I personally would have missed a very noteworthy point if i had'nt been to the meeting. A sister answered a question with

Jehovah?s "great and fear-inspiring day" is certain to come upon this wicked system of things, even as the Flood drowned the wicked world in Noah?s day.

And that is TRUE ... because we know the flood was not that what the WTS tells ... so it is with their "great and fear-inspiring day"

• blondie
    blondie

"We eat three meals a day, if we don't eat regularly we will die; so we need spiritual food every day, or we will die spiritually."

That may be true but we don?t eat out 3 times a day or even 3 times a week. Most of fix our own meal and eat at home rather than having someone else fix it and leave home to go somewhere else to eat.

Most of the food we eat, we buy ourselves, fix ourselves and eat at home. How does spiritual food fit that analogy, Pistoff?

Dangerous analogy, because it shows that we are spiritually fed by reading the Bible ourselves at home.

One enjoyable talk from the CO today wherein he reminded us not to be judgemental of depressed ones; too bad we can't expect NY to be so understanding.

Matthew

23:1-3

Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying:

2 "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. 3 Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform.

Room 215, right on

Little wonder that, rather than subect themselves to the stress of an outright rebellion, the dubbies find it less stressful to just tune this stuff out, and proceed merrily along with their plans of home and auto ownership, vacations, funding their childrens' education, etc. The less they listen, the more strident the message from the top.

Passive aggression is the norm in the congregations I know of. There are so few "faithful" who are doing the chores, the WTS can?t afford to dump too many.

DY

, not going to too many meetings any more, eh?

I never attend those 'doom & gloom' meetings anymore.

Mineralogist,

You wonder why they don?t compare it to the period from 33 to 70 AD, the time period Jesus was prophesying about. Why go back to the flood? What not a period of time that involved Christians?

Blondie

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    It was the same in the days of Lot. The scriptures will us: "They were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building.

Oh I guess, the WTBTS isn;t partaking in any of these wicked things.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey, xjw, true but the WTS will just say that it is not for their individual advantage but to "support the preaching work." The real point is that they are organized to print and distribute WT literature. I was watching a show for Feed The Children, and the church helping distribute the food, distributed a bible with the food. The WTS would have given them a brochure missing the point that spiritual food is found in the Bible not WT magazine.

Blondie

• acsot
    acsot
    Par14. "People in general pursue overindulgence in food, drunkenness etc"

What a crock! At one of the meetings my mother listened to over the phone, a JW said something to the effect that JWs are honest in business dealings, don't steal from their employers, etc., contrary to what "worldly" people do. Gawd almighty if non-JWs were really as terrible as they are described in WTS publications, there wouldn't be a pencil left in my office. The vast majority are honest, hard-working people who do not need a bunch of old men in Brooklyn telling them not to steal - they own consciences work just fine, thank you very much.

Neither do I see anyone overindulge in food. In fact, most of the overweight people I see are at conventions. I think many JWs have to find solace somewhere and food is about the only "permitted" thing around for them.

It's unbelievable to see how childish the WTS is. Telling people how much to eat, what to do with their time, yada yada yada. Cripes.

That may be true but we don?t eat out 3 times a day or even 3 times a week. Most of fix our own meal and eat at home rather than having someone else fix it and leave home to go somewhere else to eat.

Most of the food we eat, we buy ourselves, fix ourselves and eat at home.

Great point! That's a keeper, I'll have to remember that one.
  • blondie
    blondie
    The vast majority are honest, hard-working people who do not need a bunch of old men in Brooklyn telling them not to steal - they own consciences work just fine, thank you very much.

acsot, the WTS not only demonizes non-JWs but also makes their members trust other JWs too much, allowing themselves to be defrauded and sexually abused.

The WTS food simplification went from providing the food at the conventions to making people bring their own...is that the direction they are going with "spiritual food"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit