Advice please

by Satans little helper 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I've got a situation which has meant that soon I will be in close proximity to someone I really don't want to bump into without being primed and having thought out some sensible responses. I don't want to be in a situation where the only response I have is to blow my stack and punch the guy out.

This guy is an elder, reasonably well switched on and a lifer. He's also an inflexible SOB who is certain of his own righteousness.

What I need is a simple response for when he starts bible punching about the 'hope for the future' and how I have thrown it all away. I don't really want to just turn round and call him a cnut but would rather have a few solid tidbits that I could lay the seed of doubt with. Nothing too heavy or too doctrinal and certainly nothing obscure that would scream of apostacy.

Any ideas?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I believe there is a scripture about a dog returning to it's vomit... tell him you have no intentions to returning to the WTS that you vomited out.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well since the Organization became part of the UN (The Mother of all Harlots) according to society literature ,I did not want to get into bed with a whore

• Sassy
    Sassy

that is a good one

• Xena
    Xena

I tell my sister than my relationship with God is a personal one and God and I are both quite happy with the way things are. Anything beyond that is no one elses business. And I say it with a nice BIG on my face. Stops her in her tracks everytime

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

I like to keep repeating the phrase 'Think for yourself' to them when insist on preaching without listening and/or thinking.

Or you could just tell him you are now a Incestual vampiric nudist homosexual who worships Satan when you aren't helping down at planned parenthood.

If that doesn't work just do my personel favorite, laugh at everything he tells you like it is the funniest sh*t you have ever heard, because for me, it is. :D

Edit - Can't spell :P

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I just would just tell him that I dont know what to believe right now...that I am honestly searching and need some time to examine my faith and beliefs and my relationship with God.... I have not thrown anything away, but I am determined find the truth no matter where it takes me... and I am trusting that a loving Just and merciful God will understand.

• little witch
    little witch

How's about

"I appreciate your willingness to intercede, but God and I are still on a speaking basis, and He says everything is cool".

(Good Luck and keep your temper).

LW

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Tell him you know the truth about the truth, and it truly has set you free.

If he asks, "What truth?" - tell him that jws have judged that some people don't deserve to know the truth - and so it is for them - it's not appropriate that you should tell or discuss such things with him.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I want to talk to a witness about Ian Huntley/the murdered 10 year old girls in Soham. Everybody I've spoken to, including witnesses, gets so mad about what happened there, but I want to ask why its so bad for a school caretaker to murder 2 ten year old girls, but its ok for god to murder millions of ten year old girls at armegeddon, and they keep praying and begging for it to happen soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit