Bisous - For You & anyone else whos puzzling over me wi' raised eyebrow

by Celtic 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

It's so ruddy boring trying to recapture old ground, life is there for to be progressed on forwards, not ruddy backwards.

However, just this once, I will try to give you an insight into parts of my background, and hopefully, insights into the future. I'll write not like usual, but hopefully, short punchy paragraphs.

Bisous, stick the kettle on darlin, you have your coffee, I'll have my PG tea, milk, two sugars.

I was born here: http://www.trebah-garden.co.uk It is renowned famously worldwide as one of the top paradise sub-tropical gardens in a tiny micro-climate all of it's own. In Cornwall and beyond, it is known as The Magical Gardens Of Trebah, The Garden of Dreams. It's stunning, and it's where my soul belongs, I want one day far in the future to be buried somewhere near here, with a oak tree only as my place of rest above me, so my soul can flow into it's branches. The full name of Trebah is Trebahwartha, though that's not commonly known these days.

My first memory for certain is on Trebah's back then, private cove, upon the banks of the serenely beautiful and enchanting *******/<--- River, Daphne Demauria (spelling?) country - Frenchman's Creek, where, if you would like me to wax poetic, slender branches of trees, dipping their toes into the quiet waters below where cascades of green tumbling scenery, blah, blah, blah below. (If you need a post about my relationship with this place, another time if you ask for it, I'll wax to your hearts content, especially now, since spring is just round the corner. Hopefully, once I finally work out cut and paste, pictures too, you'll All love it).

Trebah was owned in the 60's by a Gentleman called Mr Donald Healey, owner and founder of the Austin Healey Sports Car Company. He was a dear old fellow. never met him. But I knew he was nevertheless.

So, now you possibly get the first glimmer of my consciousness. And ruddy hell. Ruddy hell, not just do I get born in this paradiasic garden, but hey, I get born in the JW's, third generation, with this thing called paradise after Harmageddon. Hmmmm. Oh and within the correct formatting bit, no, I was'nt actually born in the garden, I was born at home in the converted barn that used to be the pigsty behind the main house.

Can I harumph?

Celtic Mark A Price 37 Harumphs

Was childhood good? It was back then. Upto four years old, having left Trebah when I was 2 (the garden which has left an indeligible impression on me to this day (later)), we moved close by to Maenporth in an old caravan and hence after six months there to Penryn, charter granted 1336AD.

Helston Road. I was young. I remember pulling spiders legs off their body's (now, can't even squat fly), on the flat roof. I remember my darling sister of 2.5 years older, throwing me in the stinging nettles, hmmmmmm, the Celt grins, I love my sister, and I don't say that too often, (she's still in, shame)), I remember being most terribly scared stiff the second anyone outside the household came visiting, how I would scarper upstairs, too terrified to come down, even after two hours of coaxeing (phonetic coke'sing, not sure of spelling)

I know for sure I was a very sunny natured child. Looking back, very, very, naive and innocent. I know I loved people, I just didn't know then, and now too, how to relate to them fully.

Those formative years were pleasant enough, would have been better if my parents argued less, and learn't to get on with one another, rather than those prolonged dreadful to my ears back then, arguments. (I can't stand arguments, for arguments sake, to this day, though, as you know, I can talk the hind leg off a donkey)

I remember poking dad in the ribs once with the paradise book in my lap, always an avid reader, plenty of slaps for reading the wrong society publications at the time when I was supposed to be following what the boring speaker was on about. Cross referencing I guess, even back then. I digress. No, I don't. (Correct formatting explanation). 'Dad, what's a dinosaur doing there?'. Hmmmm, great reply dad, ruddy great ruddu rubby crummy ruddy reply dad, the young Mark exclamated inside.

I didn't like the brothers loos. This was the place you got beaten too often and humiliated walking back up the isle balling your eyes out too tired, and not fully understanding why everything had to be so controlled.

I was twelve when, for me, it really got bad. Maybe, it isn't bad to others, from their own individual point of view, what I went through might be tame in comparison, I accept that, and empathise, anyway, when I was twelve, the book study was studying the booklet, - Unseen Spirits, Do they Help Us Or Do They Harm Us, (blue and white cover).

I don't know if I can put it into words, I'm trying to write here intuitively, just speaking my mind as best I can. That study and booklet FREAKED me right out. Here there were, invisible demonic forces out to get me, I was so terrified, you know what it was like, the daymares, nightmares, we've all been there. Even my mother stopped me from going to the group study for 3 weeks until the disturbing material being 'discussed' had passed, my pleas not to go, went unheeded. (Mother very devout, still in, they're in the bedroom next door in fact, harumph, & btw a harumph is not a grumble, not with this grin it's not, I just sigh harumpheses (?).

At twelve, it felt that I saw my life go off in one direction, and saw my path, my life, literally being taken over by something else. Before on here, and to the psychologist long ago, I described it as spiritual rape, a term, I believe holds much accuracy.

Of course, much of life within me, around me, was going on completely 'normally', what they, my parents didn't see was how suicidal I was feeling constantly, at 14 I was smashing my head, head butting walls to try to block out the internal distresses within.

I wanted help. And knew it too. I asked for it. But was told no. See the elders. Etc etc etc.

I was still a very giving person on the inside, loved others, but I guess, though I knew it not then, some cynism came into my life in some form back then, this goes back to the trust issues and distrust of others, I guess that's where that started. Hmmmmm. (and the inner mother father inner child conflicts)

Celtic sighs long and slowly.

Hmmmm, havn't thought about this in quite some while.

I'm going to leave it there for now, my intuition just played this feeling through me to stop for now, as the insurgence of old memories by writing about my past, brought up difficulties, I need a rest now, sorry, will post more when I can in the next day or so, over the weekend.

Kindest regards and best wishes to you all

Mark Price Falmouth Cornwall UK [email protected] or [email protected] / http://www.can-online.org.uk

• bisous
    bisous

bisous sighs back.....never had a topic written to me..... intrigued .... and, sadly, quite familiar....if the nerves touched aren't too raw, will look forward to future installations....

and tis a lovely place, that trebah garden...one would be in possession of great good fortune to claim it as home...looks highly worthy of a visit.

• Celtic
    Celtic

It's beuatiful, aye. I would have answered my inbox message personally, but got lost trying to recapture it's location, so, posted on the main board, I hope you didn't mind.

I'm feeling a bit queisy now, and, if I'm honest, even for a big, strong mentally these days bloke like me, I'm almost in tears, but don't worry, often, my tears are tears mingled with lots of sadness, lots of joy, lots of reflection and lots of what will be, if I have anything to do with it, in the future. I know I'm a strange one, I can't be pinned down, I puzzle the hell out of everyone that meets me, this is why often I harumph and sign and muster on, and bounce, and laugh, and look at woods, at creeks, seeing daffodils and bluebells and azaleas and camelias, for get me nots, I sighhhhhhhhh

I'm errrr i'm err I don't know what I'm errrrrr, I was hoping you could tell me, perhaps.

Life is Large. I just don't want to be out of order.

Bed. 6 hours sleep. 400+ drive, perhaps 600 at 1030hrs. Yes I enjoy self discipline. It's good for you.

Finally, for tonight anyhows, hats off to everyone trying to understand themselves through that ruddy mess of a puddle we all went through to one extent or the other, respect.

G'night

Celtic

Harumphs balmpots ...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Such sadness in such beauty. Celtic, you have me thinking of my own children and the control we raised them under. I feel a pain building in my heart for them and for all children, current and long ago, raised in witness families. I can't imagine how it must be to live your childhood under the thumb of the governing body and in the dark, ominous shadow of the Watchtower. This is as close as I have ever come to understanding it, while reading your experience. It does give a lot of insight. I hope you will write more. You have a way with words.

Heather

• Valis
    Valis

balmpot!

• Celtic
    Celtic

And ruddy balmpots to you too, you swaggering Texan.

Heather, I hadn't thought of that, well, I had, but was juggling what to write. You see sometimes it's difficult to know just what to write here, cos sometimes I'm only too well aware that by my very writing a post, I might be causing someone else bad memories elsewhere, and I don't want to, like doing that. So it's difficult. Trying to select those phrases instantaneously, trying to help if one can, hopefully, one or two, whilst not wanting at heart, to hurt others in the process.

Hence I harumph

-

Valis, I feel dopey its the class c, which reminds me, do you keep up with British politics?

It doesn't help, this ruddy keyboard, 15% of the keys have somehow got commands in the wrong places, the i becomes an e and the e becomes the i, tis interesting like working out algorithms

I think I'm going to harumphhh again (maybe I'm a whale, but thats not desert talk)

• bisous
    bisous

well....i was wondering about the public response to my PM, but figgered what tha hey....better than no response a'tall

so yah life is large, like love, and painful to boot. but that's how you know you're still alive, I say. Being here, aware on the planet, is a kind of wounding and yet wounds heal, they may scab a bit, get picked at, heal some more....and at the end of it you usually have a mark. but those are also the reminders that you've lived.

and in between you get to see lovely gardens and crashing seas and breathtaking mountains and that one most beautiful rose...and war's ravages and the children's bloated bellies of government's greed...

you get to smell the salt air and cinammon bread and dog's breath and your lover's scent....and sewage stench and refineries belch and fear's sweat when as a little one you realized you broke a rule and were about to be caught.

you get to feel muscles kneaded and bums pinched and hearts pound...and joints ache and maybe cancer's kiss and the dagger of death to the one you loved most

you get to hear mozart's magic and django's chords and babies squeal and teenagers giggle and creeks gurgle and waves pound...and footsteps in the night headed to your door to smother the innocence of your youth

you get to taste oozing chocolate and chili's fire and gin's tang....and salty tears in the KH bathroom after you've been whupped yet again and the blood from your knuckle as you bite your own fist to keep from crying in the face of your nighttime marauder....

so life's a mixed bag...and the WTS brought us all a big helping of the uglies, along with life's other jokes on us....

so who the heck really knows who we are -why we be -where we head- we can know none of us are unscathed...and lean on each other, learn from each other, cry in our beers together, laugh with each other.....and await the next thrill or the next catastrophe.................

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Heather, I hadn't thought of that, well, I had, but was juggling what to write. You see sometimes it's difficult to know just what to write here, cos sometimes I'm only too well aware that by my very writing a post, I might be causing someone else bad memories elsewhere, and I don't want to, like doing that. So it's difficult. Celtic

Celtic, you did well with this post. You talked of beauty and you provoked some good thinking. I looked at the garden link you gave. It made me want badly to go visit. The only place I have a burning desire to go is to the British Isles. I have ever since I read about them in my 3rd grade reader. The book took you on a tour of Europe, Scandinavia and the British Isles. I loved it so much that I found an old copy on sale here on line and bought it. My favorite story was of the two towns called St. Ives. The characters went on a mystery tour to both towns. Both towns claimed to be the St. Ives of the old riddle: As I Was Going To St. Ives. I used to want to visit Norway, but that desire didn't stay with me like the desire to tour England, Scotland and Ireland.

so who the heck really knows who we are -why we be -where we head- we can know none of us are unscathed...and lean on each other, learn from each other, cry in our beers together, laugh with each other.....and await the next thrill or the next catastrophe.................

Bisous, what beautiful collection of contrasts. The bitter along with the sweet. No matter how bad things get, we remember the good times and somehow we heal, move on and brace ourselves for the next thing, good or bad. We must always remember: This too shall pass. And things often do go in a circle.

Heather

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Celtic, it sounds to me like you are doing a good thing--pondering over the past, the good and the not so good. Sometimes our perceptions have been formed in error, and when corrected we can get a different view of "our life" and come to terms with who we are now.

When I was small, my mom raised us with "fairy tale" stories. The world of fantasy was sometimes better than reality for me. Some things I really took to heart, especially the stories about mermaids. Mermaids could hide under deep water, in their own beautiful world. They had no legs and their sex didn't show. They were protected. They didn't have the problems that I did. (I was sexually abused and the knowledge of it was hidden deep inside me for a very long time. My coping mechinisms helped me.) I was convinced that mermaids lived in grandpa's pond. I was also catching minnows from the creek, cutting them in half, and attaching parts of tiny plastic dolls into the bottom tail part. Instant mermaid. They would still wiggle a bit and then die. Quite smelly after awhile though.

I loved all the stories so much, but then when the JW's came along, there were no more of those fairy tales. Life got much more serious. Like you, we were taught all about demonic influence--those innocent "fairies" became demons in diguise. No longer could we accept clothing, etc. from anyone not a JW. Furniture, clothing, etc. could have a demon hiding in it and then the demon would be in our home.

This absolutely petrified me and made me want to be the best little witness anyone could know. Great fear suddenly became part of my life during the daytime and the night. I needed to feel safe--and I did, for awhilej, because I was determined that no demons were going to mess with me. When you are young, and nieve and trusting, you know only to lean on your parents or other significant adults. Since my dad was not interested in us, other than providing food and clothing, we leaned on our mom. She had taken the lead as far as religion, and we followed her. We knew nothing else.

You sound like you have had some similar experiences, except for the mermaid stuff.

/<

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Tre Pol and Pen the true sound of Cornishmen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit