Science may answer the question: Is there a God?

by Old Navy 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    I know personally 3 people who were healed miraculously - Vanderhoven

Children's cancer wards prove you are mistaken about that.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Before I talk about the healing of my son and my two colleagues, I just remembered a little incident in my own ministry. I was a young, fairly newly married Christian. I was sitting on my steps when a lady across the street on her balcony started shouting with rage at her landlord downstairs. I only found out later that he had raised the rent. She had totally lost control. I was about to go inside when I said to myself, “I'm a Christian and I should be doing something” So I hesitatingly made my way to her door and rang the bell asking if I could be of help. She immediately invited me upstairs and continued her distressful tirade revealing all her earthly woes. I was overwhelmed by her problems. She then asked me what she should do.

I told her she needed a Christian to pray for her. “Do you know a Christian? She asked. I thought for a moment and said, “Well, my father-in-law (who lived three doors down from me) is a Christian. “Get him!...she said. I paused for a moment, thinking, his faith was just as weak as my own. Finally I blurted out, “I'm a Christian, I will pray for you.” She was happy with that. So as she sat there I placed my hands on her head a began to pray....when all of a sudden, I started speaking with bold authority in the power of the Spirit...and she lost consciousness. I sat there waiting for her to wake up. When she finally did she was calm and collected. She walked over to me and took my hands and said...”these hands...you could make money..... Guess who was in church with me the following Sunday.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Let me preface my comments by an admission. I have no idea why God heals some and not others. I do believe disease and death are temporary and that there will be healing for the nations such as promised in scripture; a time when sorrow, pain and tears will be a thing of the past. This is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'll save my son's story for the last.

One of my colleagues, and a very close friend for many years, Velma King (Coward), was a business ed. teacher at our school for disabled children. She was born a quadriplegic. At 5 or 6 years old, she could not talk, walk or even sit by herself. He father Victor Coward became an Atheist as a result. An evangelist by the name of Amie Semple McPherson was holding meetings in Velma's area and her sisters wanted to take her for healing. They did so, I believe against her dad's wishes. She came home from that meeting, walking and talking. Her dad became a Christian as a result. Velma was not ashamed of her Lord and shared her testimony with others freely.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Another female colleague at our school shared with me that she had been diagnosed with intestinal cancer. She was scheduled for an operation. She prayed the night before the operation that if God would heal her she would work with disabled children her whole life. When they opened her up the doctors could find nothing. She kept her word.

• waton
    waton
    Snowflakes seem to be the work of artists. We know exactly how they form without intelligent design. cofty

Or the work of a child with a compass tracing out the radius on the circumference creating a hexagon pattern. like in evolution, recurring patterns are used over and over again, and are often elegant and economical solutions. but

just because we, after billions of years without our input, are now discovering how it all works, does not mean it was not work in the first place.

• DJS
    DJS

Yes,

The lord certainly works in mysterious ways. Apparently she prefers intervening in countries with health care insurance, excellent health facilities and qualified professionals, a social network that ensures no one has to suffer from abject poverty, essentially full employment, constitutional rule of law with a legal system designed to protect every citizen and a life expectancy around 80.

Where an abundance of calories has led to 40% being obese and nearly 70% overweight or obese, with disposable income and a lack of self control have led to self induced health problems of such enormity that they threaten to seriously damage the entire country within the next generation ..

… rather than hundreds of millions (billions?) of poor people past and present who actually need such intervention.

Bitch.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oh, go on then......one more showing of this meme.....

I'm sorry. We believe what we want to believe. Nothing more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit