Similarities between Jehovahs Witnesses and Weathermen

by dustyb 10 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

i was thinking earlier today, and a weatherman and a jehovhahs witness is kinda similar. they both try to predict the future. for instance, the weatherman gives the 5 day forecast....but by the 3rd day, the chances of the weather actually being what they said is around 13% (give or take a few) and the 5th day shouldn't really even be listened to because the chances of accuracy are slim to none.

so lets look at the Jehovahs' Witnesses. Tried to predict dates YEARS in the future...nothing happened.

yes, no?? sound right?

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yep sounds about right, Duane Magnani wrote a book called the "Heavenly weathermen" along the same lines as your reasoning, good book too!

Brummie

• aunthill
    aunthill

IMHO, weathermen are 100% more accurate than the WT.

Aunthill

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am sorry you are wrong - WEATHER MEN ARE MORE ACCURATE - -they also do not claim to be the sole channel of knowledge about weather

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Weatherman have it easy were I live, they only need an 8th grade diploma.

Spring, Summer and Fall - Forecast - Sunny, no chance of rain.

Winter - Forecast - Cloudy, rain likely.

• flower
    flower

I had to laugh when I read the title here...just yesterday we were predicted to get hit with the winter storm that was slamming the Northeast. Predictions of up to a foot of snow had everyone bracing for the worst. So the day after 'Armageddon' we all wake up and look out the window to not a single flake of snow or drop of precipitation of any kind! lol.

We ended up getting about an inch of snow throughout the day and thats it. lol. I always laugh that metorology is the best job on the planet. Any other job if you are THAT way wrong about anything you would get fired! lol.

• dustyb
    dustyb

lol ya, same here. the weathermen are usually really bad about predicting snow. one time i remember they predicted a foot and it was 40 degrees and sunny the next day. i also remember they predicted an inch and we got 2 feet :( hehe, matter of fact, the past few days the weathermen have predicted the low to be around 15 degrees..it hit 10 last nite.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I guess this makes it kind of ironic that one of the local TV weathermen is also the PO of the last cong that Meia and I attended.

• dustyb
    dustyb

hehe, does make it kinda ironic....i'd fire him

• Undecided
    Undecided

At least the weatherman gets it right some of the time, name one prediction that the JWs have got right, just one! I'm waiting....Well maybe one is on the way, the love of the greater number cooling off.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit