Brits, hope you are all ok

by Satans little helper 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

All, with the crappy weather this evening I hope you all made it home ok. I've just crawled home along the M4 on sheet ice for 4 hours and made it eventually. Hope everyone else was as lucky as I was. Steve

• Englishman
    Englishman

Cheers, Steve.

It took no.1 son 4 1/2 hours to drive from Rugby to Coventry tonight because of the snow. Just ice in WSM and a dusting of white stuff.

Englishman.

• reboot
    reboot

((glad to hear youre both ok))

The snow down here in Somerset is pretty impressive.Snow Storm..I managed to stoke up the woodburner Fire 2struggled to the kitchen for another glass of wineCheers 2 ate two kit-katsChocolate- just put another blanket on the bed-I think i'm going to be ok....

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Steve

In Kent here.......took me longer to get all that snow off my car than it did to get home tonight....even at the crawl I had to do. England...don't you just love it....4 inches of snow, and we come to a halt!

Scoob

• AlanB
    AlanB

I was in a business meeting just south of Stratford on Avon. In the two hours I was inside an inch of snow fell and then promptly froze. Took me ages to defrost the car.

To make matters worse, as I was stepping into the car I almost slipped and knowcked the wiper switch which dumped a pile of snow onto me.

A

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Scotland is no better.

I drove from Stirling to Inverness, yesterday morning, at about 40mph. The extra lanes on the dual carriageways were snowbound, so overtaking anything was impossible, even had I desired to be foolhardy.
    I arrived at Inverness airport at 2pm, and spent five hours waiting for them to tell me that they had finally given up, and nothing would be moving that day (all runways had been closed all day).

By this time all the hotels were fully booked, due in part to over 100 customers of EasyJet who were stranded trying to return to Luton.

Fortunately I have non-dub friends in Inverness, so I found a corner to crawl into, before catching a delayed flight, this morning.
    I caught a taxi into the city center with a guy who had just spent over a month in the Far East. His travel arrangements had gone without hitch, until it came to the last leg of the journey. To say he was frustrated would be an understatement.

As already commented - it's surprising what a little snow can do, to bring the country to a standstill.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Steve,

I'm fine thanks. Its not been too bad here. Actually its been really nice to see sunshine instead of rain, despite the ice.

Soon be spring :)

Sirona

• qwerty
    qwerty

Ok thanks Steve,

We got away with it lightly in South Yorkshire. I don't think North got away with it though.

Qwerty

• logical
    logical

I looked out the window about 3.15pm yesterday it was green. 30 minutes later it was white. Glad i wasnt out in it.

Its horrible out walking in it really slippy, nearly fell over 3 times.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Logi:You mean that you saved yourself from falling three times? Excellent news. You must be blessed!
    I always fall on my ass!.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit