BOrg says Jews Rejected

by Yerusalyim 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I was reading the "Worship" book this morning on the toliet (how appropriate), on page 185 the society says that the Jews no longer hold a special place with Jehovah because of their rejection of Christ. How do they reconcile that with what the bible says in Romans CH 11

1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew.
    11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious. 12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their fullness bring
    25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion;
    he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
    27 And this is [6] my covenant with them
    when I take away their sins." [7]
    28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now [8] receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you.

Don't these guys read the bible?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Don't these guys read the bible?

No.

• JCanon
    JCanon
    I was reading the "Worship" book this morning on the toliet (how appropriate), on page 185 the society says that the Jews no longer hold a special place with Jehovah because of their rejection of Christ. How do they reconcile that with what the bible says in Romans CH 11

You are correct, but with qualifications..

1) God did abandon the Jews for a while, until they underwent their "great tribulation" during our day which was the Holocaust, after which, God would restore them to their land and "end" the gentile times which occurred in 1947. Note that Matthew 24:27 dates the second coming AFTER the tribulation: "Immediately after the tribulation of those days......darkness......then the sign of the son of man will appear."

BUT, note Daniel 9 that says: "The covenenant will remain in place for the many (the natural Jews, the "lesser number" are spiritual Israel) for ONE WEEK" Meaning it would end after that week. That week ends in 1996. The week is the entire week of their covenant beginning when Moses was commissioned at age 30 in 1435BCE to 1996. It's seven days of 70 weeks, 490 years each, The Exodus was the first jubilee, 49 years after the beginning of this Covenant Week, in 1386BCE. This "week" is anchored by the 3rd 70 week of the first coming ending in 36CE. 4 x 490 is 1960, plus 36 is 1996. Thus for BOTH spiritual Israel (JWs) and the natural Jews (both specifically targets of the Nazis during WWII by the way), their covenants as "special people" ends in 1996

So yes, God did reinstate the nation of Israel as his "chosen people", parciularly after 1947, but one aspect of the Law Covenant with the Jews ends in 1996. This relfects fulfillment of a nation of kings and priests, the 144,000 being able to be put into place after 1996, after the end of the last generation ending in 1994 and thus after the second coming.

JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit